• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why does Canada have a Maple syrup reserve in the first place?

French Canadian folk and land are far superior to British trash! (Actually being from US? I have no reference for that position. Just that we fight enough among ourselves. Time to see some Canadian feuding?)

And someone reported several posts here as being offensive......it's nice to see y'all fighting for a change instead of us!! LOL

So, is Quebec regarded as being something like one of our states as being the capitol of crime??

I use to make my own till that dam Katrina cleaned all my maple trees!

Oh I forgot...
I'm sorry eh!

I always thought Canada was only good for 2 things... hockey and maple syrup. Can't for the life of me think of anything else. { all said in jest !!! I love Canada. Your Niagara Falls is better looking than ours, your Mountie hat is cool looking, and I can visit Montreal instead of France if I want to meet French-speaking people. :D )

A few years back I was eating (in Montreal) with a Quebec frenchman and a French tourist and the conversation got onto new cars. The Quebecer said he's been to a "salle de montre" which translated means "showroom". The French tourist, looking very confused, asked what he meant so the Quebecer explained it was a place that displayed new models. The French tourist then exclaimed "Ah, un showroom" and he then turned to me and in english said "What's with these Quebecers, even in France its called a showroom - and our signs say "stop", not arrete. And this guy lives in Canada and doesn't speak a word of english!"

Didnt Quebec separate from Canada ? They seemed to have there own rules .

That's like saying I can go to the southern states if I want to meet English-speaking folks !!
No... you wanna tawlk good inglish ? Den, you come ta Brooklyn... I'll teacha howda tawlk inglish. And den, I'll ram my fist down ya troat. Ya got it ? fuggeddaboudit. { all in jest :D ... well, maybe ...

Guy was a miracle worker :canada:

That's like saying I can go to the southern states if I want to meet English-speaking folks !!
HEY!!
That's actually an absolutely true statement, you know.
Everyone else has the damn "accent", not us. :)

On the subject at hand, the wife and I both are syrup "snobs" and insist on Canadian maple....
but that stuff has gone all $$$$ down this way (even Vermont stuff has, too) and we can't justify it
anymore. I miss it....

Auto Transport Service
Back