• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why me again? Need help please!

Did you replace the gasket under the barrel connector? Between the cluster housing and back of the circuit board is suppose to be a gasket. The only reason I know was that I forgot mine the first time and got random short to ground issues as the back of the pin connectors made slight contact with the housing. With blown fuses it might be a possibility.

View attachment 1494677
Hmm, I don't remember it was a brand new circuit board though.

Disconnect the battery. With a mirror look at the back of the cluster and locate the voltage limiter. See if You can get your hand in to unplug it. If so You got it made in the shade. If not well.....
The voltage limiter and/or regulator limits the voltage to the Temp And Fuel gauges to a constant 4-5 volts. On very RARE occasions when the limiter goes bad it will spike the volts to the gauges and fry them. I have had it happen MAYBE twice in 50 yrs. Mostly they just die.
Hope this helps. Good luck.
Forgot, there may be a condenser plugged on to the limiter.... no biggy just unplg it and plug it back on the limiter.

I take it you have to take the seat out correct?
For us old farts, having the seat out of the way sure helps...at least with me it does lol. Never liked working under a dash in the first place and now that I'm 72, I absolutely hate it!!

For us old farts, having the seat out of the way sure helps...at least with me it does lol. Never liked working under a dash in the first place and now that I'm 72, I absolutely hate it!!
Yup, I know just what you mean!

Old farts and tall farts......and less flexible farts......seat out always makes it easier.

How old are you and how flexible?? Mr. Arthur Rightous is working on me pretty good these days and lots of flexibility is gone....
73 heading for 74. My lower back is junk and I have 2 neck fusions but, I still spent a lot of time under the dash in the 65 Belvedere I'm building. The hand "Aurther" does restrict what I can do. As long as my hand fits handle bar grips and beer cans I can live with it!
Mike

When I was in my twenties, thirties & even forties getting under the dash with the seat in was no problem... Now that I'm in my mid sixties pulling the seat matters....And yes IVR (Instrument Voltage Regulator) And yes it can be changed without pulling the dash...

BTW Why You??? Cause you forgot to buy us all a beer... ?????
Trust me, we've all been on the receiving end of Murphy's Law...

73 heading for 74. My lower back is junk and I have 2 neck fusions but, I still spent a lot of time under the dash in the 65 Belvedere I'm building. The hand "Aurther" does restrict what I can do. As long as my hand fits handle bar grips and beer cans I can live with it!
Mike
My left hand is seeing a lot of Art lately.....and is one of the reasons I sold my guitars....

Mike
You are only a year or so ahead of me.....and haven't had a bike in too long!! Thinking about looking for one....

How old are you and how flexible?? Mr. Arthur Rightous is working on me pretty good these days and lots of flexibility is gone....
56 and starting to loose my flexibility plus I have one level fused in my back which doesn't make it easy. lol

BTW Why You??? Cause you forgot to buy us all a beer... ?????
Trust me, we've all been on the receiving end of Murphy's Law...
LOL, Beers all around for everyone! Lord knows you guys helped me out enough! I have the part on order and I have to take the seat out any way to put the new carpet in.

One question, does the car have A/C? If yest the job just got more challenging.... Not impossible. just more challenging..

One question, does the car have A/C? If yest the job just got more challenging.... Not impossible. just more challenging..
It has classic a/c but I only have the blower in. The defroster and one hose is routed on the passenger side. It won't be in the way.

Auto Transport Service
Back