• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

why people

ddpsnake

Local time
8:00 AM
Reaction score
Well why is it when some people find out your poor they snub there nose at you,Why,just because i cant go places or do the same as they do WTF

Superiority complex ... not all people with a decent a amount of wealth are like that, the good ones thrive off helping others after they've achieved what they were after ..... but define poor, if you've got mopars you're not poor !

Some folks always want a reason to look down on other folks, to make themselves feel like they're better. Money, looks, job status, ethnicity/color etc...the list goes on. Best we can do is try not to let others' personality flaws affect our lives. Don't give some a-hole the power to get your blood pressure up

Well why is it when some people find out your poor they snub there nose at you,Why,just because i cant go places or do the same as they do WTF
Your not poor if you have a hobby car. Do you have a roof over your head? Do you go hungry?
What i think maybe you mean is, money is tight. There is little to no expendable income. Maybe your job does not pay well. Im not financially poor, i have clothes to wear that are not rags and worn. I eat well and have a roof and a nice one at that over my head.
No one should ever treat anyone with a lack of respect because of income, the way there dressed or were they live. Small people act that way and I've known the richest of people are the ones content with there own lives.

I had a friend like that. He was okay when he was humbly married with children. Then he divorced and moved to a gated community... and started treating me like I was unimportant, I literally had to call and get him to create a pass for me to come visit. We were good friends for years, then he felt "superior" in his new stuck up community and I was just a nobody because I couldn't afford to live there. Not worth my time, we run into each other and he still has no clue as to why I stopped hanging around him.
Getting a pass or the owner letting the guard gate know whom is is visiting are the requirements of a gated community.....That is the community rules and not your friends choice.....Maybe it is just a miscommunication between you two.....Maybe try to express a bit of concern and amend a friendship.....

To the OP that idiot that blew you off just lost a chance at his next best friend......Measure the person and not their net worth......

I find that there are rich and poor people that are ********. Rich ******** are usually ones that inherit their money or born into it and didn't have to work their *** off to make it. I know one guy who is super rich (worth tens of millions). Was born dirt poor, went to the military, then college, got a couple of lucky breaks. He and his wife are the nicest down to earth people and give tons of money to charity. They remember their roots.

I here what your saying and taken it to heart,but i am the guy that would give his left arm to help someone in need,constantly going out of my way to help ,even in the line up buying food if someone need a dime i help.i just dont what has happen to people now a days.ya i have had mopars for years and go hungry at times,just to help out ,,o well in the end it will be ok.

I give anyone a chance, No matter financial status or anything like that. If I can i will help anyone out that’s in need wether I know them or not. I’ve had people on this very forum personally send me messages and cards when I first was laid off and having a rough go, offering me advice words of wisdom and encouragement. Things can get tough when money’s tight or you’re going through a rough stretch , pay attention to who sticks around and helps (even with simple gestures like I listed above) you’re friends will pick themselves. Chin up chest out keep your head up

I don't mind poor people, rich people or people that are other ethnicities....
I DO discriminate against rude people, egotists, jerkoffs that think that THEIR opinions and ways are the ONLY way to live, extremely ignorant people....
I have Ford friends, I know some Imports guys, Several guys that have no interest in cars at all.
I get along pretty well with anyone that is not a bad person. I've worked with new workers that are just starting out. I often give them my spare tools since they are not making much money to start. I throw away the broken or really worn out stuff but if I have 2 or 3 spares, I'll give them hand-me-downs to get them along until they can buy new stuff.
I had a buddy that would want to hang out UNTIL he met a woman... then he disappeared as if he owed me money. That relationship would crash and burn, then he would come around again.
I hate that stuff.
I have never been rich but I am happy with myself. While I'm no religious man, I believe enough to know that we should help out those less fortunate.

I here what your saying and taken it to heart,but i am the guy that would give his left arm to help someone in need,constantly going out of my way to help ,even in the line up buying food if someone need a dime i help.i just dont what has happen to people now a days.ya i have had mopars for years and go hungry at times,just to help out ,,o well in the end it will be ok.

You can only control your own actions. If you are a good person and help others be at peace with yourself. I'm a big believer in Karma. You get back what you put out. The ******** will get it paid back to them.

Because they need a better understanding of God & the foundation of the USA....all men area created equal.

Because they need a better understanding of God & the foundation of the USA....all men area created equal.
Well, "created" is one thing...how they develop from there varies quite a bit. Some grow into decent people, some do not.

"You can tell a person's character by how they treat people who can do nothing for them."

if your average guy working on old mopar your going to be poor. Just tell them i have a mopar and you don't. And if they do well....

You just discovered another thing that
Money cannot buy...

the foundation of the USA....all men are created equal....
...and endowed by their Creator (not men nor government) with certain unalienable RIGHTS:
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
Unfortunately this has been perverted and twisted a couple of ways. People think equality means socioeconomic equality and that was never intended. The FREEDOM to pursue happiness and vocational/financial success is more readily available in our country than anywhere else.
Equal JUSTICE under the law is also how it's supposed to be, but it seems like some associations allow some people to get away with what would land others in prison.
Once again, socioeconomic equality was never promised.
I'm keeping it light so as to not have the thread moved, but these are the first thoughts that come to my mind.

I really am not getting what this thread is all about. Are you falling on hard times? Hanging out with self absorbed people with higher incomes who act like there **** is ice creme? Or just a case of the blues?
I cant speak for were you live but were i live no abled body person needs to be poor. All it takes is guts and ambition, the willingness not to give up and not being self absorbed.
You want financial success you continue your education, learn a trade, start a business and work seven days a week until your successful enough, you invest wisely and marry just as wisely.
I recently wanted to get this guy recommended to me to do some stucco work. He is a immigrant to our country, he works the midnight shift with his wife cleaning offices in the city. He takes the ferry back to the island and then goes out and works construction. He buys a house its a two family. He keeps that house buys another with yet another rental. The money is always working and so is he. They become millionaires in 20 years.
Ive worked with these people. They come here with barley a dime and amass a fortune and look at me born here like I'm lazy.

...and endowed by their Creator (not men nor government) with certain unalienable RIGHTS:
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
Unfortunately this has been perverted and twisted a couple of ways. People think equality means socioeconomic equality and that was never intended. The FREEDOM to pursue happiness and vocational/financial success is more readily available in our country than anywhere else.
Equal JUSTICE under the law is also how it's supposed to be, but it seems like some associations allow some people to get away with what would land others in prison.
Once again, socioeconomic equality was never promised.
I'm keeping it light so as to not have the thread moved, but these are the first thoughts that come to my mind.
Yes i agree keeping it light is a good idea. I also agree with the stated fact that some associations allow people to get away with what would others in jail. I dont know how that applies to this thread but its certainly spot on in todays arena

Hanging out with self absorbed people with higher incomes who act like there **** is ice creme?
:lol:
I've met people with money like that, and they really disgust me. OTOH I've met people with money who are great people, not pretentious at all!
As was alluded to earlier, often times one type can be distinguished from the other by how they amassed their money, and sometimes how precarious their financial future may be.

Auto Transport Service
Back