• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why would anyone do this?

A jaguar clutch is available that has a shorter shaft for the Mopar fan and can get you the clearance you need. I had to have the local radiator shop move the saddles back on the radiator 1/2" but everything works and fits perfectly! '63 slanty K was tossed and factory BB k frame, insulators and mounts were used.

Look up the spec's on the Hayden 2705 thermo clutch fan. AMC used them on their V-8 and it is what I ended up putting into my Beeper.

62-65 Fan clutch

Look up the spec's on the Hayden 2705 thermo clutch fan. AMC used them on their V-8 and it is what I ended up putting into my Beeper.
The Hayden fan clutch part number 2705 measures 3.11" in total height and will not work in a 62-65 B body that has the correct K frame. 66 and later B bodies had more water pump to fan clearance than the 62-65 B's. The Hayden part number you need is part 2765. It measures 2.67" in total height. NAPA has them. The original fan clutch for 62-65 B bodies measures 2.75" in total height and leaves less than 1/2" of fan to radiator clearance.

I am in process of putting in floor panels and have discovered that whoever put the 4 speed in my 65 Belvedere was a butcher. I already know that I have to get a real manual trans cross member and mount. When I get that will the transmission sit lower so that the shifter won't hit the frame part that is in the car. Everything is pushed up pretty high and the guy just cut away at the cross part that goes from rocker to rocker.
View attachment 162559

And the cross member that he fabricated is effed up too.

View attachment 162560

So I guess my question is: Will the right cross member and trans mount lower everything enough so that I can repair the chopped out part that he took out to clearance the shifter? Is this the right shifter for this? Or should I just say the heck with it and get an automatic for it? Do I need a different 4 speed?

Hey Mines the same way!!!!! must have been a factory after market up grade!!!! LOL

Some people have no brains or patients!

Attachments

• IMGP1648 (Small).JPG
    IMGP1648 (Small).JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMGP1649-1 (Small).JPG
    IMGP1649-1 (Small).JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMGP1653 (Small).JPG
    IMGP1653 (Small).JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 185
Auto Transport Service