• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WI fall Jefferson swap meet this weekend. 22-24

RiverRaider

Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
Fall Jefferson is this weekend. It is an all makes show and swap with about 3100 vendor spots located at the Jefferson Fairgrounds in the city of Jefferson, WI.
I'm in the White field spots WA139-146 stop by and say hello if you make it to the show. This is one of those shows where you need to look deep into each spot
as most vendors are not Mopar guys so the good stuff is usually not on the front tables. A lot of internet maps will send you to the show on highway 18, with that in
mind you can avoid a lot of traffic searching out a different route.

jefferson.jpg

Isn't a good chunk of hwy 26 closed? As long as we are talking routes.

According to WI 511…. 26 from Rosendale toward Oshkosh has closures, some work north of Waupun on 26. 12 From Whitewater to Fort Atkinson is closed. 90 and 18 intersections has some work also. I don't know if the Business 26/Main in town is open yet it was closed in spring.

I went twice when I lived in Illinois. Unfortunately rain was in the forecast and it showed up, both times. It was a mess. I did get a couple things and as you wrote, Mopar wasn’t easy to find. This was 10 years ago, I would’ve thought by now, it would have improved. I also used to frequent Skips at the Lake County Fair grounds, it was I believe a quarterly swap meet. I’ll have to go to one they have monthly here, it’s about 45 miles away, I’ve been there once.

Always enjoyed the Jefferson Show and their huge swap meet - havent been there in years. Through the 80s my folks drug me to their spring show too.....I think it was called Boondocks or something along that line. It was always pretty early I want to say early May which made tent living behind my parents street rod interesting to say the least. They always had really good "car games" there too.

I went twice when I lived in Illinois. Unfortunately rain was in the forecast and it showed up, both times. It was a mess. I did get a couple things and as you wrote, Mopar wasn’t easy to find. This was 10 years ago, I would’ve thought by now, it would have improved. I also used to frequent Skips at the Lake County Fair grounds, it was I believe a quarterly swap meet. I’ll have to go to one they have monthly here, it’s about 45 miles away, I’ve been there once.
Yeah, weather has been uncooperative some years; the April and late September dates for the meet make it less reliable around here. Forecast looks good this weekend.

Yeah, weather has been uncooperative some years; the April and late September dates for the meet make it less reliable around here. Forecast looks good this weekend.
I never saw all the vendors. By the time I’d get there with the rain, and or mud, most were gone.

What parts are you bringing? I will be there tomorrow
Sorry, I didn't see your post until Friday morning at the gas station and the internet was down at the show grounds. no net/cell calls/texts. As no cell service at Jefferson is common, I didn't try to get on after that. A lot of B and A body sheet metal, wiring harnesses, manual trans stuff and various parts from 50 thru 78. I don't get a lot of chances to go shopping but when I did, I found some nice parts. Most of the good stuff I found was in the back of a chevy or ford guys spots. Crowd seemed to be down compared to other years almost dead by 3PM Saturday. Better than usual crowd early on Sunday. Should have been a larger crown give the nice weather.

fall233.jpg

fall232.jpg

fall23.jpg

I never saw all the vendors. By the time I’d get there with the rain, and or mud, most were gone
I'm always there until the afternoon on Sunday. More vendors stayed for Sunday this fall than in spring.

I used to attend Jefferson pretty religiously both spring and fall starting in the mid/late 90s when it was 2 days. I haven't been in 13 or 14 years.
I found a number of great parts back then, but toward the end of the time I was going, I realized it had been a few years since I had bought anything more than a diecast car or chinese tool I could have just bought on ebay instead of driving 2 hours there and 2 hours back from my home. I'd spend all day walking through the swap meet, to see maybe 6 or 8 spaces selling Mopar parts.
And the parking situation had got worse and worse, and I was ending up parking blocks away in a neighborhood rather than being able to get in the fairgrounds parking lot that now was filling up early.
But I really have some great memories of the 10 plus years when I was a regular there!

Auto Transport Service
Back