• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

will AMD quarters fit a RM23 RR

Racer99

Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
Looking to replace both rear quarter panels on my 69 rr....with AND full quarters fit it is the sport coupe with the shorter trunk if not any recommendations on where to find correct ones....don't want to spend $1500 on parts ill have to hack up!!!!!

I have honestly never heard of a 1969 Roadrunner sports coupe. I have never seen anything but the typical 69' roadrunner full quarters. A shorter trunk? thus different trunk pans, rain gutters, extensions, quarters and deck lid...Weird. A two door post has the same quarters as a hardtop if that has anything to do with what you're talking about. I have a RM23 and it's a standard 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner 2dr Hardtop. I also replaced the quarters myself with the pricey AMD full quarters. They fit fine, but require a bit of tweeking here and there to fit properly

Best of luck to ya...Interested to see how/what gets figured out.

Looking to replace both rear quarter panels on my 69 rr....with AND full quarters fit it is the sport coupe with the shorter trunk if not any recommendations on where to find correct ones....don't want to spend $1500 on parts ill have to hack up!!!!!

AMD is top quality. Don't replace them with cheaper alternatives. We bought some lower cost "patch panels" and they literally came to us flat out of the box, and we spent weeks just trying to get them rounded out like the factory rear quarters. The higher price is worth it!

you are misinformed
trunk floors are all the same size on 69 bbody cars
one size fits all
you do not even own a coupe...
that would be a rm21
you have a hardtop
unless someone has seriously monkeyed with the car!
the quarters will fit all 69 runners coupe or hardtop...

you are misinformed
trunk floors are all the same size on 69 bbody cars
one size fits all
you do not even own a coupe...
that would be a rm21
you have a hardtop
unless someone has seriously monkeyed with the car!
the quarters will fit all 69 runners coupe or hardtop...

correct just post cars , push out rear window
vs no post and roll up rear windows , Both cars take the same quarter panels and same length trunk !!

I used AMD quarters. You wont be disappointed.

I know the trunk deck is shorter......and its by a couple inches we've tried 3 others and now I think im stuck with fixing this trunk....ill measure actual car and post measurements

I know the trunk deck is shorter......and its by a couple inches we've tried 3 others and now I think im stuck with fixing this trunk....ill measure actual car and post measurements

Good idea...I can easily measure my trunk in comparison later if need be or measure the length of the quarters. There's at least a couple dozen other guys with '69 roadrunner's here that can probably do the same.

Please post pics.

I've never heard of this either.

Some older quarter panel repair panels were made to go over the factory panels, and were made longer on purpose. A bad idea that suggests a poor repair be done.

show me the money....
no such animal, all roadrunners came from the factory the same!

the only differance between a coupe and a hardtop
is one (coupe) has a post next to a fixed side rear window
the other(hardtop) side rear windows rolls up and down.

thats it!

by " trunk deck" do you mean the lid?
the trunk floor?
the panel between the lid and rear window?

you need to show pics of this
so we can understand fully what you mean
because what you are saying is not making sense.

your car could of had some custom
work done to it or something in the past 40 yrs...

i have been sniffing around these cars for a while
and you have me lost....

Im in Kansas for the weekend, but when I get home i'll measure and post pics if I can figure out how to post

Are we talking about a 4 door plymouth here?

i'm lost as hell too.

2dr.....was told the previous owner tried multiple trunk lids and the 1 I got with the car was the only 1one that fit....hopefully I can get pics and measurements today....we were in Salina trying to get some racin in but weather didn't want to cooperate.....im from North Platte ne.

4 door trunk lid might be different if that's what he was trying? or, maybe he was trying the wrong year?

68, 69 and 70 are all different trunk lids, maybe not so much in length but the back of the trunk lids are different.

here's a 4 door plymouth, the back glass is different and the filler panel between trunk lid and back glass is different from a 2dr but I think the trunk lid might still be the same as a 2dr trunk lid... Not sure though.

21481_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

trunk lid is the exact same animal on 2 and 4 dr 68-70 b bodys
i'm just interested to see what it is....

Auto Transport Service
Back