• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will rice absorb oil?

Got anything you need to sand blast maybe rice blasting will work

If so is it worth the hassle?

....so in the military we used to use Uncle Ben instant rice....and or instant potatoes for liquid spills. Since its pre-cooked and already porous, it will grab that oil faster than 74' Elivis to a twinkie.

I use the speedy dri and then clean the stain with Castrol SUPERclean.
I always keep 30 or 40 lbs on the tow truck.

BYW,,,,,,how did you end up with so much rice??

....so in the military we used to use Uncle Ben instant rice....and or instant potatoes for liquid spills. Since its pre-cooked and already porous, it will grab that oil faster than 74' Elivis to a twinkie.
This stuff is parboiled.....

I use the speedy dri and then clean the stain with Castrol SUPERclean.
I always keep 30 or 40 lbs on the tow truck.

BYW,,,,,,how did you end up with so much rice??
A buddy of mine was cycling out his stash and figured I would donate it but it's already well past the 'sell by' date.....by many years lol

Jesus, I can't believe there is a thread on this subject.
I split my shop into the dirty side and the clean side.
Throw some NAPA floor dry on the the oil spills on the dirty side and get on with it.
Getting to the dirty/clean side, I do have a dirty area out back. It's a covered 25x25' slab and do a lot of the nasty work back there including welding instead of inside the shop but after almost 36 years, there's plenty of stains.

They grow so much rice in Texas they can use it as speedy dry. When planting rice in Texas, they drop the seeds from airplanes.

They grow so much rice in Texas they can use it as speedy dry. When planting rice in Texas, they drop the seeds from airplanes.
We're only 5th or 6th in the nation. The not so new Houston Raceway Park was built on a rice field and it bit them in the butt during our first rainy season.

Got any birds you need to get rid of. It does work great for that.
That's why they quit using it at weddings.....and I wouldn't do that. Just not me...

At least I didn't start another thread about the virus :poke:
Thank goodness for small miracles

:rofl:

what is there like 50 of them already now ?

maybe some consolidation would be in order ?
I wonder if there's someone here ? :rolleyes: that has that power/ability :poke:
get all the arguing :fool:, negative Nancy BS, opinions, ideology & information
many of which is false/wrong all in 1 or 2 threads
instead of 50
(In the PF & here too)

:drama:

:luvplace:

:popcorn: sorry Cranky, I had to do it...

Last edited:
Thank goodness for small miracles

:rofl:

what is there like 50 of them already now ?

maybe some consolidation would be in order ?
I wonder if there's someone here ? :rolleyes: that has that power/ability :poke:
get all the arguing :fool:, negative Nancy BS, opinions, ideology & information
many of which is false/wrong all in 1 or 2 threads
instead of 50
(In the PF & here too)
It would have to go in the political section to lure more gold members:rolleyes:

:drama:

:luvplace:

:popcorn:

We're only 5th or 6th in the nation. The not so new Houston Raceway Park was built on a rice field and it bit them in the butt during our first rainy season.

That's why they quit using it at weddings.....and I wouldn't do that. Just not me...
One company I worked at did in their warehouse. After try many other methods it was the only thing that worked. Put it out on Friday night and sweep them up on Monday morning.

Quarantine has got everyone going looney.
Now we're talking about what to use expired rice for.

And I'm reading it:rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back