• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will there be ANY car shows this year?

Nope, not up here anyhow. Only car show I'm gonna get is a cruise with the wife and kids and our "fleet" of cars and even that will have to be distanced to keep the Wife safe. Both kids are essential workers as is our son in law.

That said I can see them nailing us $880 each for "non essential travel" if our lock down continues..

I bet there is a decent chance that Mopar Day at St. Thomas Dragway will take place in September.

We're having our 38th Annual COMA Show/Swap, plus Mopar-only drag racing on

June 12th, 2021 in Noble, OK at the Thunder Valley Raceway Park as the Southern Plains Mopar Fest!

It's on private property, and we don't have to get Mommy's permission to do it!

www.okcmopars.com
www.southernplainsmoparfest.com

Come to Oklahoma on June 12th!!!
Surely all racetracks, sports grounds, concert halls etc etc are private property....don't think that will have any difference....or override state or federal laws. It's like saying I shot him on private property...so that fine!

Surely all racetracks, sports grounds, concert halls etc etc are private property....don't think that will have any difference....or override state or federal laws. It's like saying I shot him on private property...so that fine!

It's far, far easier to hold an event on private property than it is on property managed or owned by ANY government entity in this state. You'll find that most concert halls, stadiums, and such are actually government-owned (meaning taxpayer-owned). Most racetracks are privately-owned in the US. Our State is led by adults (for the most part), who treat others as adults and who actually abide by both the US and State Constitutions. Come to our show in June, you'll see for yourself.

Your analogy is flawed.

D467C5B0-93EC-4D38-9547-417D1747382A.png
So far in Michigan there are some planned for 2021
(Crossed fingers)

My fingers are crossed, and reservations made, for Mopars in the Park June 4-6 2021 Stillwater, MN.
Be careful making reservations this year. Many hotels, resorts, etc. are offering reduced rates but with those rates there is a no cancelation option.

I expect to see cruises,but probably no shows unless things get better.
Cruises are cars parked further apart like last year.

I don’t for-see any happening here in Washington. Idaho yes, so I’ll probably head over to hot August nights in Lewiston. They had it last year as well.

At some point you have to make the trek to Carlisle. It is the Mopar show of all Mopar shows!
In 2004 I did fly out to Columbus. That was an amazing show.

Carlisle last year was the political forum's happy place. Not a single person wore a mask, everyone was flying trump flags, and there were hundreds of mopars.

We'll get nothing here and are expected to like it. No gatherings of 5 or more people. So no car shows, drag strip is not open. Hell our state parks were closed for over half the year! Crossing the fingers that our state warden starts to open stuff up.

August of last year in my city they had a cruise-in at a bowling ally that had to close due to the pandemic.
A large car club from the area made arrangements with the bowling ally to allow it, the ally gladly agreed and grilled food and opened up their bar for all of us, it was awesome, the police were out front directing traffic helping cruisers pull in, well it brought in about 250 classics from all over.
Well then, the city council found out about it the next morning and shut it down for the rest of the year due to not enough mask wearing.
We all had a blast and were happy the bowling ally made some money that they badly needed

I don't know how they pulled it off, but last weekend we went to a INDOOR show!
Cars and attendance were down from previous years, but that's to be expected.
Hopefully a good sign for the upcoming year!
IMG_1239.PNG
IMG_1252.jpg
IMG_1253.jpg

Here in Minnesota we have to wait until June anyways. Hopefully tide on pandemic turns enough to open larger outdoor events. There is indications that it will. We may have to move back start date a month? But I'm optimistic.

I am from Canada too, like Dadsbee. I still go for a drive on a nice day with my regular vehicle, just to get out of the house, but we no longer stop to visit friends. I look at it as a Mental Health Day. Cops are not going to be randomly stopping cars to ask purpose of trip. Enforcement of Covid regulations is complaint-driven. Some rogue churches and individuals in the area are now being charged for for excessive number in groups, not wearing masks, etc. Up to one million $ fines. We are taking this seriously up here. Over 400,000 dead in U.S. To put this in perspective, that would be like everyone in our nearest city of London, Ontario wiped out.
Don’t believe everything you see, read or hear. Those numbers are steeped in so much bullshit you’ll need hip waders to sort them out.

A member of our Sacramento Mopar club said that the park we use for our shows has NOT granted a permit for the June show and there is no clear information on when they might.

View attachment 1060884

I look forward to the annual Good Guys shows, the Van Nuys Spring Fling, Mopar Alley's show in Cupertino and our show in late June.
We are social creatures!
No car shows unless it involves a fund raiser for a Democrat politician or BLM. Then it is okay.

No car shows unless it involves a fund raiser for a Democrat politician or BLM. Then it is okay.
Sounds like we have "Q-turd" in the punchbowl? How about keep politics out and focus on solutions? I organize a small show in July. And am planning with some hope that data will support this outdoor event. (The tavern owner does have final say. Even if and when State loosens restrictions) Im guessing there still will be some distance and mask mandates. Which of course would be more problematic for a larger event? But Im feeling more optimistic?

Carlisle is worth a trip. It's well organized, clean - trash drums every 100 yds or so, well maintained restrooms. 2020 was a great show, attendance was down due too current events, but a good show none the less. If things get a bunch better by June, it'll be worth the trip in July. For ya'll west of the Mississippi, make the trip at some point in your life. Fly in, rent a Challenger, register it with some club, and Carlisle Events; then you can drive into the show. Easy parking that way.

YES!!!
Check out our 20th annual "Mopars in May" car show scheduled for May 23rd in Ontario (SoCal).
Info can be found on our club website, www.inlandmopars.org.
New venue this year with outstanding freeway access and beautiful lawn show area.

I have yet to see a date set for the Spring Fling show by CPW. If they don't have a show planned, maybe you guys at Inland will have a bigger turnout than usual?

Auto Transport Service
Back