• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will there be ANY car shows this year?

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:57 PM
Reaction score
A member of our Sacramento Mopar club said that the park we use for our shows has NOT granted a permit for the June show and there is no clear information on when they might.

RP 7.JPG

I look forward to the annual Good Guys shows, the Van Nuys Spring Fling, Mopar Alley's show in Cupertino and our show in late June.
We are social creatures!

Nope, not up here anyhow. Only car show I'm gonna get is a cruise with the wife and kids and our "fleet" of cars and even that will have to be distanced to keep the Wife safe. Both kids are essential workers as is our son in law.

That said I can see them nailing us $880 each for "non essential travel" if our lock down continues..

What? FINES are being imposed?

Yep, if you get caught doing stupid **** you shouldn't be... or things they think you shouldn't be. No outdoor gatherings of more than FIVE people. Nobody in your house other than those that live there, other than people that live alone can join you for mental compassion..

Fine's will never hold up in court, nor will anyone actually get a court date before they'll be time lapsed anyhow and thrown out!

Carlisle 2020 was great! The fields filled with clubs, cars, trucks etc... havent seen that big of a turn out in a few years. Vaca already in for 2021

That would be a LONG haul from California!

Live it up, COME-ON OUT!! Make a good vaca road trip, hit a little of RT66 on the way

Yep, if you get caught doing stupid **** you shouldn't be... or things they think you shouldn't be. No outdoor gatherings of more than FIVE people. Nobody in your house other than those that live there, other than people that live alone can join you for mental compassion..

Fine's will never hold up in court, nor will anyone actually get a court date before they'll be time lapsed anyhow and thrown out!
I would love it to be that lenient here! ...our restrictions are worse than that...and fines are being enforced.
........but there are already enough Covid threads so back on topic.
We are really getting on with vaccines here..about 90% of over 70 and vulnerable already done....so shows after about June should be good to go. Fingers crossed.

I go to a local cruise in every Saturday 100-150 cars depending on the weather. Does that count?

I am from Canada too, like Dadsbee. I still go for a drive on a nice day with my regular vehicle, just to get out of the house, but we no longer stop to visit friends. I look at it as a Mental Health Day. Cops are not going to be randomly stopping cars to ask purpose of trip. Enforcement of Covid regulations is complaint-driven. Some rogue churches and individuals in the area are now being charged for for excessive number in groups, not wearing masks, etc. Up to one million $ fines. We are taking this seriously up here. Over 400,000 dead in U.S. To put this in perspective, that would be like everyone in our nearest city of London, Ontario wiped out.

I expect most of the car shows will be back this year in this area. Even though our governor is a shithead, he’s not Newsome. That’s not too political, is it?

At some point you have to make the trek to Carlisle. It is the Mopar show of all Mopar shows!
It is a very well-organized show . Lots of cars to look at and lots of parts vendors. They have large cars for sale area and special themed indoor displays. I quit going to the disorganized Mopar Nationals to go to Carlisle, even though drive was twice as far. However, for health concerns, I doubt that I will be attending for quite a while. I am really surprised they still consider having it.

OBX (Outer Banks, NC) Rod and Custom Festival 2021
April 30 - May 1, 2021
I attending last year - there were over 500 cars. They are estimating over 1K this year. Of course, everyone is excited.

Car Show
Diggers Dungeon
Poplar Branch, NC
24 April 2021

The NC Outer Banks is a great place to showcase your classic car.

Scott

We're having our 38th Annual COMA Show/Swap, plus Mopar-only drag racing on

June 12th, 2021 in Noble, OK at the Thunder Valley Raceway Park as the Southern Plains Mopar Fest!

It's on private property, and we don't have to get Mommy's permission to do it!

www.okcmopars.com
www.southernplainsmoparfest.com

Come to Oklahoma on June 12th!!!

Exited for Carlisle and Ocean City.
I'll be showing my pro street E body for the first time.
Bought it as a unfinished project that had been started in the early 90s when pro street was at it's peak and was never finished.
It has a 8-71 blown 440, a Hemi 4 speed with a pistol grip shifter and a narrowed Dana 60 with 4.56 gears. Ladder bar suspension in the back and all QA1 stuff in the front.
:D

Auto Transport Service
Back