• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will this cam work?

Similar cam is Summit 6401. Have read good reviews but general recommendation is 9.5:1 CR, headers and higher than stock stall.

Similar cam is Summit 6401. Have read good reviews but general recommendation is 9.5:1 CR, headers and higher than stock stall.
My compression is around 8:1, I am running headers, stall I'm unsure of Dad said all he know is that it is just a little bit better than factory stall.

i'm running a summit 6401 in a 9.3:1 stock 440 with cast exhaust manifolds and stock 11 3/4" converter. the idle is very smooth, works well with stock parts. that mopar cam might be the limit for 8:1 engine in my opinion. it will need an ignition re-curve and maybe the 10 3/4" converter.

Talk to the guys at Hughes, They make a special cam for the low compression motors called a whiplash cam. They make only mopar cams, not like the rest of them. I have there cams in 5 engines from a stock 360 to 500 inch stoker. You wont be disappointed

Auto Transport Service
Back