• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will this Radiator work?

unclepunchy

Local time
1:13 AM
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I am wondering if my Radiator from my 73 Duster will provide ample cooling for my 383 swap I am planning? The 383 is nothing crazy, just a streetable 4 Barrel.
The Radiator measures 26" across.

Rasd.jpg

I'm going to assume the duster was a small block car. If that's the case the bottom radiator hose will be on the passenger side. You could make that work with the 383, but you will need a BB water pump housing that exits on the passenger side instead of the drivers side. Unless you already have one of those, I'd suggest getting another radiator.

Good advice above. How clean is the radiator inside? How "hot" is the 383? High compression, big cam? No way to tell unless you have a thermometer on the inlet and outlet on a hot day.

I'm going to assume the duster was a small block car. If that's the case the bottom radiator hose will be on the passenger side. You could make that work with the 383, but you will need a BB water pump housing that exits on the passenger side instead of the drivers side. Unless you already have one of those, I'd suggest getting another radiator.
Yup. The radiator is good, just the inlet/outlet is the issue.

Auto Transport Service
Back