• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wilwood (2b) master cylinder to Mopar booster (4bolt)

The first one will do it. The second one moves the M/C over to clear a Hemi.

Does it change anything if the car was a manual drum brake car? I originally thought the car was a disc/drum car but found out that is was a manual drum car....doh.

So in an effort to make sure I have not screwed up to much already, a little background on what we have bought so far...
Front - Wilwood Dynalite Pro Series(Part #140-11020-D)
Rear - Wilwood Dynalite Pro Series (Part #140-11395-D) with parking brake
Master cylinder - Wilwood 1 1/8" Bore dual outlet aluminum tandem chamber (Part #260-8556)
Booster - shows factory 71 Charger DISC/drum replacement http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail...r+brake+booster
proportioning valve - Wilwood adjustable (part#260-8419)

Not up on the '71's too well, but '70 and prior have a completely different rod/linkage hook up to the pedal arm from a power brake car vs. a manual car. Not saying yours is the same, but just bringing it up. A lot of aftermarket boosters on the market are designed to work for folks that are converting from manual to power disc. They have the long rod out the backside of the booster. OEM booster for your manual brake car, you might want to do some checking

Not up on the '71's too well, but '70 and prior have a completely different rod/linkage hook up to the pedal arm from a power brake car vs. a manual car. Not saying yours is the same, but just bringing it up. A lot of aftermarket boosters on the market are designed to work for folks that are converting from manual to power disc. They have the long rod out the backside of the booster. OEM booster for your manual brake car, you might want to do some checking

That is what I am afraid of! I wanted to ask, so that I can try to figure out what all I need to locate and purchase. The car is being re-assembled 350 miles away so I can not just walk out to the garage and "look". I hope some either has done this or is very familiar with type of swap.

magnumforce does a nice billet one here is the link

http://www.magnumforce.com/store/de...&BrandID=&Category=&SubCategory=&Search=&Page=

$38.00

i got one works very nice

Looking at the pics that Magumforce has and the description....
Adapts Wilwood master cylinder to Mopar power brake booster also. Reinforces firewall area to decrease pedal deflection. Makes installation easier.

How would the plate between the booster and the master cylinder strengthen the firewall?

good question lol definetly not one for me as i cant see how it does that

Auto Transport Service
Back