• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windlace Questions

VANDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:01 PM
Reaction score
Working on my '63 Sedan door install. Does anyone cut, or trim the w/l, at the upper rear corner, or just force the 90* at that point ? What about any glue to hold these in place ? My '65 sedan survivor doesn't seem to have any adhesive used on it. Thanks for any/all input on this topic...

No cuts in my windlace. No adhesive either. Just pushes onto the pinch weld and stays in place.
IMG_1555.jpeg

I'm going to try to use this same w/l, for the rear windows also, by removing the rubber door gasket. Any suggestions on installing this ? Tight fit, but seems like it will go ?

The vinyl with no rubber gasket ? I know that will fit right in for the rears. I was trying to match the same for front to rear, but may go with that also ?

Make sure not to stretch the windlace in the corners . It can pull out of the tight corner as it sets in.

Try restoration Specialities for the trim that goes by the rear window I know I got red from them that fit perfect.

Auto Transport Service
Back