• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window channel gaskets install - 65 Belvedere

65hemi

Local time
1:00 PM
Reaction score
I got a set of window channel gaskets from Restoration Specialties for the door and quarter glass of the 65 Belvedere. There are 4 pieces, but 2 different profiles. Any tips or tricks for installing these? Are they glued in place or just friction fit. How do you do the corners; just cut square and butt together? Any info will help. thanks

Not going to be of much help here because I did not install mine. That being said, it appears mine are glued in.

The window channel should be one piece all around the window. On my 62, the sharp corners are fit by cutting out the channel sides the height of the molding, leaving a strip of the base so when they are folded together they meet like they are butted together but are still connected. Make sense? I'll get a pic up in a bit.

Auto Transport Service
Back