• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window tint B body

Billccm

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score
Now that my Coronet has working AC I am considering window tint. The guy is coming over Saturday to tint my Grand Marquis and I mentioned I may want my Coronet tinted.

Anyone have it done? Anything to be aware of before I have it done?

Thanks.

Be careful on the door glass, don't cut the plastic window liner strip on the glass inside the wing frame channel.

If the rear seat upholstery has any age be careful not to punch through the top of the rear seat, and ripping the seat bottom kneeling on it. Maybe just remove the rear seat for this tint job so it won't get damaged.

I don't remember the year of the Coronet but the 68-70 rear glass is a challenge from what I hear.

If the rear seat upholstery has any age be careful not to punch through the top of the rear seat, and ripping the seat bottom kneeling on it
Sounds like experience speaking. I did that to the Bird cleaning the package tray..

Here's my '67, limo all the way. 125° summers. Gotta roll front windows down to back up or sharp left turns in the dark.
FB_IMG_1623782851200.jpg

All the above statements. Like diesel_lv I had my 67 Dart done,little too dark for my liking.
See tints and compare before committing. Don't let them seam the rear window on either car.
It makes it easier for the installer but looks like crap.

I told the guy I wanted "one step darker than legal". I'm going to call him today and make sure we're on the same page.

Definitely don't want "limo" tint.

Thanks for the replies.

Not sure about your car, my '67 rear window was done 1 piece. It took the installer some time to get it right. Laid out piece on outside rear windshield, used heat gun to form it to curves, then installed inside. Did a great job.

We've discussed and he says one piece should do it. I've asked him cut around the original air temp sticker to try to preserve it.

IMG_20240429_104951959.jpg

IMG_20240429_104948061.jpg

Well I'm 100% satisfied with the job he did on the Grand Marquis, but about 90% satisfied with the Coronet. I asked him to be careful about the front window near the wing frame and he said he would gap the tint. For whatever reason he told me he wanted to gap the tint at the quarter window, too. He also told me that the rear window backlight would have a gap at the bottom. Anyhow he gave me a little discount on the Coronet and said this was the best he could do (about the gaps). I know this guy is good as he does many Scottsdale dealers and was highly recommended by fellow motorheads around here.

It's a great improvement so I just need to move on and not lose sleep over little details.

IMG_20240518_102941056.jpg

IMG_20240518_102907511.jpg

IMG_20240518_102859991.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back