• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window Whiskers/Felt Before or after Window Installation?

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:41 PM
Reaction score
Does it matter if the window whiskers/felts are installed after or before the glass is attached to the regulator?

Thanks!

put the glass in the door, let it sit in the bottom....... install your rubber and fuzzies...... lift the window for regulator installation

I suppose you could do glass and reg first and lower the glass below the stops?

put the glass in the door, let it sit in the bottom....... install your rubber and fuzzies...... lift the window for regulator installation

I suppose you could do glass and reg first and lower the glass below the stops?
I am in the process of reinstalling my regulators now on my quarter windows. So are you saying it’s better to install the whiskers first then the glass?

I am in the process of reinstalling my regulators now on my quarter windows. So are you saying it’s better to install the whiskers first then the glass?

you need the glass low enough in the door to install the fuzzies, I don't think you want to smash the bottom of the glass down into the opening with them installed....I'm not even sure it's possible

There are window stops that can be adjusted so the window can roll down below the top. Gives you enough room to install the wiskers.

Agree^^ all above. Window first. Whiskers after.

For the quarter panel put the outer fuzzie on first, then the glass.

For the doors the fuzzies are after the glass and wing frame are in. I leave the regulator off the glass and glass will go down far enough to install fuzzies. But everyone does it different.

Can you guys provide me with any pictures of where the two stops on the rear quarter windows go? I got the regulators installed but did not figure out where the stops mount. I assume these would go on after window installation?????
Thanks

IMG_9360.jpeg

There are window stops that can be adjusted so the window can roll down below the top. Gives you enough room to install the wiskers.
Funny I only have to “Up Stops”….

Funny I only have to “Up Stops”….

There's a down stop on the window regulator. Looks similar to this one.
Screenshot_20180708-223106.jpg

You loosen the nut and turn the screw one way or another. It's an eccentric (oval) shape that allows for a lower or higher adjustment. Your FSM should have the details for your year and model.

Auto Transport Service
Back