• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper pivots

steve from staten island

Local time
11:18 AM
Reaction score
The wiper pivots,one is very free and spins with no resistance.The other spins stiff with a lot of drag. Ive tried all kinds of penertrant and WD 40. Any suggestions as i don't see how this comes apart

You can drill a hole at the bottom, install a zerk fitting and add grease to help free it up.

You can drill a hole at the bottom, install a zerk fitting and add grease to help free it up.

Yep, I do this on my cars so a guy doesn't have to worry about them seizing. I honestly don't know why I worry about it though as I never get the cars wet lol.

I had both wiper pivots completely froze up on my 68 GTX, pulled out soaked them in a solution my cousin said he used when he restored cars in Florida freed them up after soaking for 3 days working them a little at a time then resoaking until working. 50/50 mix quart of each automatic transmition fluid & acetone you can buy from any paint supply store need a big jar as solution needs to be sealed or acetone will evaporate.

Auto Transport Service
Back