• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper Wiring HELP!

TomAce82

Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
I've been searching and searching and can not seem to figure out how to re-wire this thing. I have the schematics and understand how they hook into the bulkhead. What I don't understand is how they route/spice into eachother leaving the motor itself since there seems to be 6 wires leaving the motor and 4 at the harness. The photos are of my 67 belvedere II, 2 speed motor. The wiring at the bulkhead is currently being used to power the stereo from the previous owner. What I plan to do is butt connect and extend the current wires from the motor, install them in to a oem firewall bulkhead plug and re wire the stereo for power elsewhere. ANY EXPERTS out there who can help?! Thanks in advance!

motor.jpg

motor2.jpg

Looks like a three speed wiper motor.

Does it? I wouldn’t know. I only know that the switch has an off position and then two clicks to the right. Off, low, and high, I assumed. Can’t confirm it’s the original motor though and since the switch is not connected at the motor I can’t confirm their compatibility.

Anyone else know if which motor it seems to be? Seems like there is a lot of wiper motor threads, but not many answers. Tricky component! And expensive!

Last edited:
The two speed motor's armature sticks straight out while a three speed is layed over like yours. Sounds like you have a two speed switch though.

Auto Transport Service
Back