• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiring an aftermarket radio?

Tap into a wire from the fuse box, one that is hot with the key off, and add a additional fuse of the size recommended by RetroSound in the yellow circuit.
Mike

Yep - that's how I tapped it in to block...power source for radio with key on. If you haven't looked at the fuse block, this is a good time to take a good look at it. I had some aged-corroded connections and a cross contact occurring (sometime before I installed the radio). The old blocks were small, smaller than they needed to be with clearance available; but was what it was. Not the first time either when installing radios or gauges where came across crap wiring done for radios, cassette players, speakers etc. Better yet a modern block harness; but haven't needed to cross that bridge yet.

An easy "constant on" wire to tap into is your cigarette lighter wire or the lighter fuse at the fuse block.

Auto Transport Service
Back