• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiring Harness Advice Please

Hey Dan, got my 21 circut EZ wire kit. How is the box powered though? Through the starter? I hate wiring.

Hey Dan, got my 21 circut EZ wire kit. How is the box powered though? Through the starter? I hate wiring.

Yes through the starter relay that is on your firewall, or at least that is where it should be. You will need to run a hot wire from your battery (not included in the kit) to the starter relay and then all your EZ wiring starts there. For your ignition hot wire to the starter relay and also your hot wire at your altenator, attach a fusable link wire so the fusable link cooks before your wiring harness if you have any electrical issues down the road. Get a test light that will help. Also if you ampmeter (original factory gauge) is still in the car, I would recommend bypassing it. Also if you have a HEI distributor, box, and coil. You can bypass your resistor on the firewall and remove it. Go back and look at my pictures, there is one of the starter block.

Is it wrong of me to seriously want that Warning sticker you have? lol.

Cool, thanks Dan. My car doesnt have any of the OE stuff, MSD box, crank trigger, MSD dist, battery in the trunk, electric fan, water pump. I'll just take my time and do one circut at a time.

Cool, thanks Dan. My car doesn't have any of the OE stuff, MSD box, crank trigger, MSD dist, battery in the trunk, electric fan, water pump. I'll just take my time and do one circuit at a time.

Cool, don't forget to use the link I sent you for the original wiring diagram. It will help immensely, especially with the turn signal switch.

Hey Dan few questions about this EZ wire kit. For the headlamp switch, did you wire the front parking lamps to it along with the tail lamps? Cant find the front parking lamp wires for the switch, only for the rear. Also did you connect "dimmer power" to the headlamp switch or is that the panel dimmer? I see a heavy red wire labeled "headlamp power". Or if its easier, what did you hook up to your headlamp switch? Thanks,

Hey Dan few questions about this EZ wire kit. For the headlamp switch, did you wire the front parking lamps to it along with the tail lamps? Cant find the front parking lamp wires for the switch, only for the rear. Also did you connect "dimmer power" to the headlamp switch or is that the panel dimmer? I see a heavy red wire labeled "headlamp power". Or if its easier, what did you hook up to your headlamp switch? Thanks,

The parking and tail lamps go throught the head light switch. Look at these schematics. The headlamp power wire is the power to the switch. Which would be the pink wire in this schematic. The black wire in the schematic is your tail lights and the black yellow tracer wire in the schematic is your front parking lamps. Your headlights go through your dimmer switch. Your turn signals and brake lights go through your turn signal switch. Don't ask me how the brake lights and turn signals work through that switchbut when I hooked them up (for the second time) through the turn signal switch like the schematic showed (and not how I thought they were supposed to be) they worked. It was magic. So keep your terminal connector going into the turn signal terminal because you can just connect all the wires to it.

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/1968/68CoronetA.JPG

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/1968/68CoronetB.JPG

I went with the painless mopar harness.. very good product, all the wires are marked and plenty long enough, support was very good.... impressed enough that I bought one for my 79 z28 as well

Harnesses

I looked on the AB&E site that advertises on FBBO and saw they are sold out of most B body harnesses. Has anyone here used their harnesses, do they make them per your request or do they eventually catch up with their product inventory before you can order them?

Auto Transport Service
Back