• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

With respect to FBBO member BDF......

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:04 PM
Reaction score
While he has been busy lately and hasn't posted much, one thing I like about that guy is that he really drives his car. Not only that, he takes great pictures of California landmarks with the car in the frame.
@BDF6
It is Autumn and for many, it is a great time to go out and drive the classics.

BDF 2.JPG

I went out today. It was clear for the first time all week and a nice 63 degrees.

BDF 3.JPG

Not far from my place there are some great rural roads with almost no traffic. What a great place to row through the gears and hug the curves.
I felt like this guy:

132.jpg

In a move that may make members here wince....I even drove down a dirt road to look at a few old barns.

BDF 5.JPG

What do you say, people? Have you been out driving your old cars?
I'd like to see other members here post up some pictures of their cars out on the road.
Not car shows, please....Let's see some pictures of your car out being driven!

Every nice day I get. My car isn't rare so I don't have to be as careful as some. And I know my days are fewer than more so I drive it like it was made for.

I'll play....this is what the site is about.... (an older picture, but I'll do more now I have a chance with good weather). :)

upload_2021-11-21_15-37-22.jpeg

:steering:

These A100's have active enough steering as it is, so taking a good picture is a bit harder :lol:

4D372A8E-E319-45FE-BB96-7D56759A2A5B.png
I just put mine away. Weather is going for crap real soon. Nice to see you out and about enjoying the nice days and back roads.

Sadly they have been salting our roads here every chance they get.

Just drove my 73 to the Shenandoah Valley a couple of weeks ago. Put 840 miles on it in 3 days...
20211031_161614.jpg

As far as driving on dirt roads: In 2015 when I drove my 70 across country, we drove to the gold ghost town called Bodie. It was 5 miles of rough gravel road that contributed to quite a few ships in my new paint!
DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

Just drove one last week, but now ice melter on the roads so it’s done until spring.

I'd like to say I've been out driving but unfortunately work has been putting extra demands on me recently... Got learn to say no....

How about something from awhile back...

IMG_4408.JPEG

Or a couple years ago...

Goin' Coastal 014.jpg

Oh, the Coronet belongs to my buddy (Frank) who you've (Kern Dog) met

It's already been put away for this year...Here's one from late last year...Last one is on the balance beam at the Street Rod Round-up back in 2015...

IMG_1101.JPG 2015 Rod Run.jpg

Hey!
Thanks for the 'shout out' Greg!
I just got back from a 2 week visit to the cabin to set it up with furniture & amenities. Like a well stocked (& needed) get away place.
I have not been online because no service out there & decided to check in with FBBO and saw this at top of list!
My car is still sitting undriven while getting re-wired while I tend to other things for now.
I took my son up there to help with heavy lifing and while there we saw steelhead in the backyard creek & elk in the front yard. Going to need a TALL/STRONG fence asap...
If all works out I'll be driving the Charger up the first signs of spring.
4CC19741-1F8F-4D54-B8AA-7AD61FFA3C5D.jpeg

0DD04399-52D1-4DB0-83FD-9F00833D5368.jpeg

Landmarks & dirt roads are all fair game!
F5D1F77C-5423-4E53-BFB7-36950F2B3802.jpeg
AE7A44BB-C4D5-453A-8FE7-9707FC8B7E60.jpeg

Returning to cabin Tuesday for a while with my wife.
In the meantime keep on MOPARING!

488A30EA-2C22-44E7-9A26-A5385D01920D.jpeg

Another great thread, KD.
Too much snow at home to drive anything but the Jeep. It’s at least a Mopar.
Here in Mexico I don’t see any muscle cars but saw a great Ferrari today. I had a boner for about an hour.

I'd like to say I've been out driving but unfortunately work has been putting extra demands on me recently... Got learn to say no....

How about something from awhile back...

View attachment 1196607

Or a couple years ago...

View attachment 1196608

Oh, the Coronet belongs to my buddy (Frank) who you've (Kern Dog) met

That first picture is the River road, Highway 160, right?

Jim...I loved the collection of cars you had here:

7733d83f-a6c4-4188-a5b2-000d0e674995-jpeg.jpg

I joined a Mopar club to do car related activities but the members rarely drive their classics. I have driven my Charger to meetings many times and am the only classic car there. I find that really sad that even in good weather, these people leave the best cars at home.
Wayne:
I'm a bit ignorant about the weather in your region. I was surprised to see snow already. It isn't even winter for another month!

Wayne:
I'm a bit ignorant about the weather in your region. I was surprised to see snow already. It isn't even winter for another month!
That's a last year picture, but it's here already. Glad we got a cruise in with the '64 last Friday, as it as probably it 'till Spring.
snowpoweroutnov162021 002.JPG
1964dodgehdepotcruisenov122021 003.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back