• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder why the factory didn't put rally's on a 69 RR?

bigmanjbmopar

Newb with a view
Local time
12:04 AM
Reaction score
Or was it an option? Was looking a pic of one with rally's and I have to say it looked pretty good. Kind of gives it a sophisticated look with a punch. Was it an option for 70 or standard on a package? Wondering what others think?

Couldn't tell you the specific's on production of the rally's, always thought they were a '70 and on feature, but I definitely agree with you....Great looking wheels!

I think my 69 RR came with Ralleys but it has a lot of other options not commonly found on Road Runners. The wheels must have been an option because Road Runners were supposed to be a cheap go fast car and adding expensive wheels as standard equipment would have defeated the purpose.

I bought my 70RR from Plymouth Dealer it had Dog Dish Hub Caps...Was there anything Cheaper?? Swapped them out with a friends Magnums 500 with trim rings off his Rambler Scrambler...

Or was it an option? Was looking a pic of one with rally's and I have to say it looked pretty good. Kind of gives it a sophisticated look with a punch. Was it an option for 70 or standard on a package? Wondering what others think?

I'm fairly certain Rallye wheels were 70 and later. "Road Wheels (Magnum 500)", now with painted outer rims instead of chrome, were available.
Those "recall" wheels were planned, so maybe that answers at least part of the question.

I wish they had put the Rally Dash in the runners. Super Bees had'm

I'm fairly certain Rallye wheels were 70 and later. "Road Wheels (Magnum 500)", now with painted outer rims instead of chrome, were available.
Those "recall" wheels were planned, so maybe that answers at least part of the question.

Ralleys started with the 70 model year

yes , 70 through 77 on A,B,E and F bodies. small and big bolt patterns. the "cone" or "sombrero" type center cap was 70 and 71 only.

Dash

I agree, I hate that 68 & 69 Roadrunners & GTX's had same dash as Grandma's Station Wagon..That is why 1970 is my favorite year
I wish they had put the Rally Dash in the runners. Super Bees had'm

My Road Runner had Rallys on it when I bought it. I prefer the original look so I able to sell the Rallys and get some Steelies and dog dish covers for it.

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 323
I don't recall seeing any 69 cars with ralleys when they were new and hitting the new car dealers is something we did back then. One time a high volume dealer set a buddy and I take a Charger RT out with a salesman with us but he didn't care what we did when we asked if we could get on it. We smoked the tires hard as soon as we got out on the street right in front of the dealership!

My 70 Runner has a Rally Dash

- - - Updated - - -

My 70 Runner has a Rally Dash

All 70 Runner's have a Rally Dash and they are bad *** ! We're talking about rallye wheels.

Welcome aboard and head over to the welcome wagon friend and post up some pics of that 70 Runner :)

My 69RR had rallies on it when I bought it.
I replaced with Cragers.

Auto Transport Service
Back