• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wood rally dash

FrnkNsteen

Local time
3:47 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if ALL '69 Charger S/E's came with the woodgrained rally dash. Mine has the S/E tags on the rear sails, but did not have the woodgrained dash in it when I got it.

From what I have read, the S/E package was new in 1969 Chargers and came with the woodgrained dash plates, leather seat inserts, wheel well opening moldings, and a chrome rocker panel trim.

My car had the leather seat inserts and the wheel well opening moldings, but no sign of woodgrained dash or rocker panel moldings. It also had the bright stainless trim on the E-brake, brake, and gas pedals. Granted, the car had been hit in the driver side and fixed, so I guess they could have eliminated the rocker moldings.

Wondering if I should be putting the woodgrained dash panels in. I may not anyway because I think it would look silly considering it would be the only wood grain in the whole car,... Other than the simulated woodgrain of the steering wheel.

I dont know for sure,but mine did not come with rocker mouldings,or show any signs they were added if this was standard on se models,mine is a R/TSE vynil roof delete,i think the foot petals was just a dress up kit you could check of when ordering n not special to SE,n i never seen a charger without the wheel well openings? N YES MINE HAS THE WOOD GRAIN DASH

The chrome rocker molding would have one hole in the front fender for mounting. A quick check for any repair in that area might give a clue. Any tag or sheet with the car?

No. I've owned the car for years and there has never been a fender tag and never found a build sheet when I disassembled it

Deffinitly they came with the leather inserts for front seats n i always though A/C was standard on SE models,n checking some old dodge addverts the woodgrain dash was also standard upgrade for SE models

AC was a fairly rare option on the Chrysler muscle cars as compared to the GM muscle cars. Air conditioning was not a standard upgrade to the SE option. I am not 100% sure without digging up my data book information, but I am thinking basically it was the front leather inserts and woodgrain dash insert for the SE package. Items like rocker trim, pedal pad trim was optional accessories that could be speced out on the order form, no mater the trim level.

Id have to agree it was rare on big block cars,but on the 318 i would say it was standard,but once you started to add options of big block engines R/T packages,than i think you had to check it of,

Auto Transport Service
Back