• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wow half a million bucks ($500K) for a Max Wedge?

Well that explains how the aluminum front got on the car. Had to suspect it was added at some point. Highly unlikely it came from the factory with it. Funny how some people remember it as original to the car though...

Well that explains how the aluminum front got on the car. Had to suspect it was added at some point. Highly unlikely it came from the factory with it. Funny how some people remember it as original to the car though...
Funny that's so true.

I to
I would like to see the car today, restored back to how it originally looked back then!
i would to and that is why I am so desperately looking for it. Hopefully being on here and on the Dover drag cite someone may know something

I'll sell my aluminum 64 for $500,000. I hope he gets it!! haha...
IMG_4038.JPG
IMG_4040.JPG
IMG_4596.JPG

I have been reading this post, I know it was long ago but, since I am the one that restored this car in 1990 and dragged it to Commerce, Gainesville, Texas, TheRock and many other tracks for almost two years and watched it raced week after week, I know Dan Dvorak built the motor and although it was protested because it was so fast, it passed every tear down inspection at more than one NHRA event, it had not been tubbed at all still had a sticker in the glove box that stated that it was not intended for street use it did have an aluminum Front end including bumper grill fenders Hood etc. still maintained factory carter carburetion On a cross ram The only thing I know that wasn't stock was the weld wheels and the gears that were in the rear. We installed a data logger that was purchased from Kenny Bernstein and found out that the motor was turning too many RPMs so we's lowered the gearset slightly that's when it ran 10:72 in Texas but could not back it up so the record ended up being a 10:83 I believe. Mike Davis from Columbus Ga. Was a good friend of mine while I was foreman at Carolina Classic Car Restoration that's how we met. I drove the car a bit and it was bad as&. Dvorak works wonders. When contingency stickers were given to us to put on the car at the NHRA events we put baby powder on the sticky side to keep the glue from marring the paint. This car was as sharp as they get and I've restored everything from Rolls Royce prototypes from 1931 to Maxwells To Auto RedBugs from 1906 to Lamborghini Countach to every muscle car ever hitting the asphalt. Oh and it had a rollcage for NHRA spec. This Polara was really nice when I last saw it.

I believe Dan Dvorak put the nose on it when he had it. Early 70s I think. I read on his site he still has some aluminum stuff if anyone's interested, he's having health issues they say and is having a big sale on some really nice stuff. And for any who don't already know it, if Dvorak says it's a nice part you can bet your butt it is. He has high standards

Do you think the car is still around I am in the process of looking for it?
I believe Dan Dvorak put the nose on it when he had it. Early 70s I think. I read on his site he still has some aluminum stuff if anyone's interested, he's having health issues they say and is having a big sale on some really nice stuff. And for any who don't already know it, if Dvorak says it's a nice part you can bet your butt it is. He has high standards

Do you think the car is still around I am in the process of looking for it?

The member rip9052 claimed he was the owner that listed it for sale for $500k. He also listed an address where the car was. It is an auto dealership. Here is the link.

http://www.tsfautosales.com/

His profile lists his town as Fort Lee,NJ and is in my backyard. I have an idea who it might be, a local real estate developer who is a big car collector.

The member rip9052 claimed he was the owner that listed it for sale for $500k. He also listed an address where the car was. It is an auto dealership. Here is the link.

http://www.tsfautosales.com/

His profile lists his town as Fort Lee,NJ and is in my backyard. I have an idea who it might be, a local real estate developer who is a big car collector.
I looked on this site but it is not there anymore. I am hoping for a new lead on locating this car.

Auto Transport Service
Back