• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wow Jets Fans! Aaron is gone for the season..

Packers were incredibly fortunate to have had a couple of the greatest QB’s to play the game bringing glory back to Green Bay. No one appreciated it more than me as a Packer fan.
I saw Bart Starr play under the great Vince Lombardi.

IMG_2871.jpeg

I saw Bart Starr play under the great Vince Lombardi.
Bart was a CLASS act; fame never went to his head. Had a chance to have lunch with several of the players on the 1st and 2nd SB’s at the first Lombardi golf outing when I was 16. Well, it was under a tent w/ dogs & burgers. My then girlfriend’s dad did biz with some of them. Funny memorable experience it was getting their autographs on a golf bag ticket. Just regular guys shooting da breeze and telling me to behave with their friend’s daughter, lol.

My wife is a Greenbay fan, I told her that Rodgers got hurt and was out, she said…..did he get a hang nail?! I busted up laughing!!!

Bart was a CLASS act; fame never went to his head. Had a chance to have lunch with several of the players on the 1st and 2nd SB’s at the first Lombardi golf outing when I was 16. Well, it was under a tent w/ dogs & burgers. My then girlfriend’s dad did biz with some of them. Funny memorable experience it was getting their autographs on a golf bag ticket. Just regular guys shooting da breeze and telling me to behave with their friend’s daughter, lol.
Nice. Starr is one of the best QB's I ever saw.

I'm not a fan of football anymore since they did the knee deal. Really do you believe he's hurt read the fine print in the contract. He signs it and brings over coaches etc ticket sales probably jump 50 percent so he did his part of the deal. Watch for him to be a quarterback coach in the near future.

Rogers was toxic for the Packers, I feel they waited two years too long to get rid of him. Great QB but a little narcissistic.
Sad to see any player hurt, I wish him well, although I will laugh at all the memes.

After a while some franchise-worthy QB’s seem to become pre-Madonna’s and think the entire org’s decisions should be approved by them or their time is up when THEY want it to be. They get ruffled feathers when a QB is drafted, can’t demand enough cash, and so on. Then the rumors start about leaving the team, wanting to be traded, etc. Bad for the team and coaches. We had issues with two MVP QB’s when time came to plan for the future. Saw this with Favre, for several years had no idea if he was coming back. Wasn’t handled well anyway. All players have a shelf-life.

Packers were incredibly fortunate to have had a couple of the greatest QB’s to play the game bringing glory back to Green Bay. No one appreciated it more than me as a Packer fan. I’m old enough to remember how they sucked for two-decades. Yet, damn hey, the number of times the Pack was primed to make the SB, couple years as a top-seed, they blew it. NO show for over a decade, go figure..
Very true!
I was pretty young yet when I watched Favre get his first shot when Magic Man got hurt. Of course, in that same game before the Magic got hurt, he managed to full power, and I mean full wind up lean into it full extension throw the football.... directly into the back of Ron Hallstrom The ball made a smack so loud even early 90's TV cameras picked it up loud and clear. I laughed out loud for the next 5 minutes. Ron didn't even notice he was busy blocking lol.
If people don't remember Ron, he was 6'6" and 300+ lbs. not exactly a small target lol. I will forever remember him as getting absolutely drilled by Magic as he was blocking, right before Magic went out and Favre stepped in. The actual play right before.
In my opinion, that play summed up the previous decade of GB Packer games, and Favre coming in and turning the whole game around was a good indicator of what was coming for the next decade.
Note: I don't think Majkowski was even bad as a QB. He just got outshined.
They always had a few super stars in that era, Lofton was a great for sure, and Sterling came on and was looking like a hall of famer right out the gate. But they always managed to stink it up, and the Bears rivalry was even worse when they had their stellar team in the 80's.
Of course, the Bear fans had some pretty bad sour grapes when things started going the other way after their hay day too lol.

Here, I actually found the game. Some memorable names from back then!
The transition is somewhere around the 11 minute mark.

So, Jets outdo the Broncos for most unfortunate QB trade of all time?

The Pack was right to let him go... too bad it ended up this way for the Jets and AR. At his age, it might be the end of the line.

had a few super stars in that era, Lofton was a great for sure,
Remember well, watching the packers through the 70’s and 80’s after Lombardi was gone. Was painful. Bart Starr was their HC for a brief time. One season they had like the #2 rated offense and the last rated defense, they went 8 & 8. Lol, and one of their better seasons. Loften & Jefferson, the ‘glitter twins’ when Lynn Dickey was QB. Was a thrilling offense when they clicked. Never forget a MNF game w/ Dandy Don, Cosell, and Griffith – game against the Redskins. Was the highest scoring game on a Monday night 48-47. Don said it would be whoever had the ball last would win, he called it right.

Having relatives in IL Bear fans, I took a lot of **** from them then as Ditka’s Bears crushed Green Bay repeatedly. Then came Ron Wolf, Holmgrem, and Favre and I finally was able to give them back a lot of what they fed me. Lol.

Grudge match?
Miami has put 70 on the Broncos, and maybe more. If they get a field goal at the end, they'll set an NFL record (currently 72)
Broncos are down 50 points. Question is:Why is EITHER starting qb still in this game?

Last edited:
AR can now focus 100% on his lines for his Broadway career, time for Hollywood "babes" & NY nightlife.

Vikings suck

Bears really suck

Lions ?

Packers ?

Vikings suck

Bears really suck

Lions ?

Packers ?
The packers are in a building year, and I hate that phrase. But the entire team really is very young, very new roster. They may still take the division, although that is not a really high bar lol. Lions might be the surprise top dog this year, but even Lions fans know not to underestimate their ability to blow it

Auto Transport Service
Back