• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE WTB 1967 GTX Air Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

super-bee_ski

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a 67 exclusive GTX or Coronet R/T air cleaner assembly

Either the Dual Snorkel
Or
The "round" one.

I purchased a set-up (Dual Snorkel) from a fellow forum member but the lid is incorrect.
The "Pie Tin" for the GTX does not fit the current top I have.

I'll keep an eye out!!

Thanks BadBee....
The one I picked up, the LID does not FIT the correct "Pie Tin" for the GTX/R/T engine

Hi. Sounds like your lid is for a 383. The 440 lid is different. I had the same experience last year. Purchased a dual snorkle type, tried the pie tin and it did'nt mate. But the other 440 lid the pie tin mates perfectly.

Ski
Is it the 383 or 440? Should be the same? Have you checked CL at all?? I've been looking to when I'm surfing

67 GTX/RT cleaners are on craigslist but expensive. Ski, do you want to sell your air cleaner? If so PM a price.

Ski
Is it the 383 or 440? Should be the same? Have you checked CL at all?? I've been looking to when I'm surfing

Okay, yeah something happened..I picked it up from fellow Forum member Moparcrazy "Jay"
It's supposed to be a 440 GTX unit

Thanks BadBee
I'm searching....

Elephantengine's quote: "Hi. Sounds like your lid is for a 383. The 440 lid is different. I had the same experience last year. Purchased a dual snorkle type, tried the pie tin and it did'nt mate. But the other 440 lid the pie tin mates perfectly"

Thanks elephantengine!

- - - Updated - - -

Okay:
So...I need either a new set-up as BadBee suggests or a new "top Lid" for the 440 engine
Yeah, the existing lid is "too steep" for the flatter style Pie Tin
I'll sell it, all powder coated
I'll take the LO$$

BTW:
To clear the air up...
Fellow forum member moparcrazy sold me the air cleaner assembly
He has offered to purchase it back

I willingly purchased it from him, under no duress or pressure
I bought it and it does not fit MY application.
It is ON ME...not moparcrazy, who is a truly great guy and a true Mopar fanatic!
HIS 65 is a wonderful car!

He did PM me and offered to buy said air cleaner assembly back.
I told him, its A-OK

That is why this forum is "TOPS"
Guys like Jay!

20160408_154642.jpgHope this pic helps. The 440 air cleaner is on the right side. It is bigger and the top is flatter.

20160408_154642.jpg

Thanks, I'll snap a pic hopefully this afternoon of Air Cleaner assembly and GTX pie tin

Here are the PICs of the Air Cleaner assembly.
Notice the "Tall Peak" at top of LID in PIC #2

Essentially, the Pie Tin specific to the 1967 GTX does not fit.

AC 5.JPG AC 1.JPG AC 2.JPG AC 3.JPG AC 4.JPG

Yes, I believe you are correct....
Oh well...
I'm still searching....
Thanks man!

I'll go online tonight elephantengine, Thanks man
Tony's Mopar gets them in occasionally but he told me that lately he has not seen any at all....
Getting scarce?
Have you seen the "unsilenced" one?
Looks great, no snorkels

We have a top part only 440 type with the large pie tin area. If you are interested PM us .

We have a top part only 440 type with the large pie tin area. If you are interested PM us .
cudajunction, the one in my pics is for a 440
The 1967 and 1967 Coronet R/T are a specific type, one year only.
So; If your is NOT for a 67 GTX or a 67 R/T, it is the same as mine.

Not to hijack this post but does anyone know if the Indy dual plane intake will fit under the hood with the stock air filter assembly thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back