• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB newer Radio that will fit 1964 Dodge Polara...

jkully

Local time
7:31 PM
Reaction score
Hi Folks...I am looking for a replacement (Digital) Radio to fit into my Radio section of my Polara 500 dash... An old (working or Non-working) would do...I just need to fill the space...I have a blanking plate if I can't find a good solution to the radio problem...Thanks for your help...John
250ss.jpg

If you can find the stock radio, you can have it converted to a digital tuner with a bone-stock external appearance. Everything aftermarket these days is DIN or Double DIN size and would require cutting. Or use the delete filler plate, and install the head unit in the glove box, the amp in the trunk, and the speakers in the stock rear deck locations.

Thanks Patrick...can you tell me who would convert an old stock radio...I have see several old Stock Radios for sale...most don't work.

Thanks for the quick reply,

John

When I bought my 64 Sport Fury, I got a line on a small company that makes repo radios for some of these old cars. It is an extremely good reproduction of the original AM radio, but it does AM/FM stereo and can have RCA inputs for an external player. Output is from 1 to 5 speakers. I would think your radio looks the same as mine if you want to keep it original looking. Cost was about $500. Try Classic Auto Radio Service out of Port Charlotte, Florida.

Thanks all...I have contacted Classic Auto Radio Service here in Florida...I will send him the radio for his appraisal...I'll let you know how it turns out...

I'm going to have to pull back on my recommendation of Classic Auto Radio Service. This guy is really hard to deal with. If the radio doesn't work properly when you get it, he will charge you to fix it. He doesn't seem to take responsibility for putting out a good product. I'm sorry I recommended this guy in the first place.

I had some extra bezels cut one open and put a Kenwood am / fm cd player it fits perfect with Boss 400 watt speakers in the back.

A company called Pyle makes a digital stereo that fits the stock cutouts and holes. I bought mine on E-Bay a few years ago, still works fine. It has a flash drive and memory card slot on it, and a plug in for an IPod, etc.

Auto Transport Service
Back