• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yankee Express RestoMod Project

Not looking for sympathy here. It is what it is. she has to take 19 pills a day just remain above ground and is in constant pain. Nausea, dizzy, irritable bowel, severe joint pain. You name it, she has it. Or will surely catch / get it. Bad genes. What 'chu gonna do? Now she has type 2 diabetes as well...
We know you are not looking for sympathy, but being a caregiver can be very draining; sending you best wishes from afar for better days ahead. I think Hey-O said it perfectly...

You do exactly what you're doing, her first. I get it, unfortunately I truly do and I'm sorry for what you both are going through.

Randy, leave it sit for awhile; it ain't going anywhere! Mine sat for 20yrs. Jeff

Not looking for sympathy here. It is what it is. she has to take 19 pills a day just remain above ground and is in constant pain. Nausea, dizzy, irritable bowel, severe joint pain. You name it, she has it. Or will surely catch / get it. Bad genes. What 'chu gonna do? Now she has type 2 diabetes as well...
That sounds way to familiar! My wife comes from bad genes, got some weird infection that caused nerve damage in the ear area resulting in dizziness, headaches, etc... 8 years of watching her take it like a champ hasn't been fun. Just recently I rushed her to the hospital for what they think is Colitis (her sister has Crohn's).. she already had IBS and Endometriosis... more misery. Poor girl just keeps getting back up and going after it.

I agree with Oldbee, sit on it and do what you gotta do. Best wishes.

I'm so sorry to hear that...
I know you don't want sympathy...
It's for her mostly...

cars will come & go
let it sit or do what you think is best
I trust & will support whatever you decide to do...

as a caregiver myself, as we've talked a bunch
I completely understand too
sometimes it's good to just get it out
tell her best wishes from all of US :praying:
we are thinking of her & you too
:luvplace:

man one of my favorite build threads to check-in
& read from time to time, cool build nobody is doing
innovative what parts & styles etc.
Design is thinking "way Out of the proverbial box"

:thankyou: for sharing something so personal with US
I know it's tough...

yours truly Bart

Taking the 73 440 up to VT engine service. To be steamed block and heads and crank and cam, polish the crank, install cam bearings, mains and rods, new oil pump, hone, check the deck for flatness, install oil pickup, assemble long block. Basic inspection all around as well. They will purchase for me the bearings, re-ring kit, positive Teflon valve seals, oil pickup, cam bearings. $793.40 plus parts. Waiting on the parts total.....

Awesome Ghost. Glad to see you back at it, even if only intermittently. It is good for the soul to resurrect! That is a good price on the clean and assembly too, at least where I'm at. It cost me $300 just to clean the block and install cam bearings. Another $116 got the crank polished. Of course I guess in our funny money that only equals about $275 to you!

Awesome Ghost. Glad to see you back at it, even if only intermittently. It is good for the soul to resurrect! That is a good price on the clean and assembly too, at least where I'm at. It cost me $300 just to clean the block and install cam bearings. Another $116 got the crank polished. Of course I guess in our funny money that only equals about $275 to you!
here's the skinny....

Attachments

• Order_E8215 (2).pdf
    37.9 KB · Views: 112
Glad to hear you’re not getting rid of your car. Brother, I’ve said that I’d follow you in battle anytime, I truly meant it. So I’m here for you whenever ya need me.

Hey, What's going on here. Sounds like someone's at it again!! It may be just sending the engine out, but It's good to think about something else, if only for a few minutes at a time. Good for you!!!

Hey, What's going on here. Sounds like someone's at it again!! It may be just sending the engine out, but It's good to think about something else, if only for a few minutes at a time. Good for you!!!
Yep, like I preached on and on (ponderously) about for a while on here...
Baby steps, man. Keeps a project from becoming overbearing, especially when life is
already packing your kit too dang full as it is.
Motivation is based on gratification, so little steps reaps instant gratification sometimes. :thumbsup:

20210126_105305.jpg
20210126_105313.jpg
20210126_105319.jpg
20210126_105332.jpg
20210126_105338.jpg
20210126_105339.jpg
20210126_105341.jpg

Loaded up. I also put in the valve covers and timing chain cover, fuel pump and oil pump. Put black trash bags around the block and taped the hell out of them. ought to get me about a mile or so up the road before they blow off and blind the driver behind me and cause a huge accident and massive loss of life...lol. Keep any rain or snow off till I go anyway..VT Engine service is 2 hours North.

Been there many times! When I still worked I had a job on the other side of rt7 & and back in half a block. Turned South on that intersection every day to go home. It is a cool place to get some IPA..

Auto Transport Service
Back