• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yankee Express RestoMod Project

Got several coats of black epoxy primer on the hood top and left fender. The gray primer surfacer / scratch filler I have coming doesn't do as well on bare metal so now they are covered. For some reason the black looks like it has some reddish gold in it.....lol, might of forgot to clean the gun from when I sprayed out a panel of the car color...oh well.

0909201111.jpg
0909201111a.jpg
0909201217.jpg
0909201217_HDR.jpg
0909201233_HDR.jpg

looks like progress
starting to get some color

I'm useless on the paint dept.
I use to be able to do a decent paint job
(I blame it on "bad lighting" &/or my eyes,
or that I hate to wear glasses while working,
that's my story & I'm sticking to it)
mine didn't end up like I would have liked it
looked great for a couple of weeks, just was waiting to cut & buff
until it completely cured,
ended up with spiderweb looking cracks on the roof,
some sanding scratches underneath, I thought was/were all gone org.

good luck

Smiley I love when a plan comes together A-Team Hannible.jpg

I have not touched this car since Sept. I just don't have time any more. Taking care of my wife and the livestock consumes my waking hours. I need to sell it. Somebody make me an offer. Look through the build thread and think it over. Thanks. Ghost.

Can't you work something out and keep it, somehow?

Is there a "caulk/filler/ paste" type stuff to put in-between the hood skin and the outside bottom edge of the scoop? That can get painted over?
You need to become friends with McMaster Carr, everything you can imagine including gaskets material for your scoop... I wouldn't use a caulk, a gasket would be much better. Something else that would be useful for that scoop is the aluminum nuts that rivet in place, you would basically be putting threaded inserts into the scoop so you can bolt it down from under the hood.

Progress is looking great!!!!

Holy cow, I missed the part where your selling it!! Throw a price out there.

Ghost: If you are going through a rough patch I suggest as follows:
1) Hang in there! Lean on friends, family and FBBO where you can
2) Wait for a little while before you make that decision. You may regret a snap decision.

I hope things improve soon! Sending encouragement your way!

Hawk

It's not a snap. Been since Sept. I paid $3750 for the car. You all know what I have done to it and what parts etc are on hand to go with it. Go through the build thread and decide. The 440 is disassembled but clean and dry. All the parts are neatly stored and numbered for location to put it back together. Every bolt. It ran well before taking it apart and several upgrades will make it a torque monster. The trans is assembled but for bolting up the valve body and pan. The interior fabrication is complete. All fabrication is done. It's just a few spots for filler and seal. prime again and paint and I have all of that here. I intended to purchase new T bird taillight lenses. Not expensive. The glass Is all good. Will need sound deadener, carpet,, headliner material, upholstering the door panels and cleaning and recoloring the bucket seats. The entire front end has been assembled and taken back apart. It needs a couple of metal brake lines to the rear. Needs the fuel cell plumbing. Seals and weather stripping but I have the fuzzies. If nothing else it's a good parts hoard. The Charger hidden headlights are complete and will go in easily. Let me know. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea but it is what it is. I will work with your shipper.

Man I hate hearing this Ghost, I've always wondered which one of us was going to finish first.

Ah dangit Ghost, could you please just consider letting it sit for a while instead?
Everybody needs to recharge their batteries once in a while.
Hell, at one point, Fred sat for about a year while life got in the way...
As my wife would say "it ain't costing you anything to sit there" - and much as
Fred has a lot of me in him, yours has a lot of YOU in it.
That's priceless, man.
Please reconsider.

I just cant get out there for any length of time. I have to be within eyesight of my wife. I would go into what's up and why and all but I don't want to be that guy who airs his laundry here. Suffice to say that I need my wife more than this car.

I just cant get out there for any length of time. I have to be within eyesight of my wife. I would go into what's up and why and all but I don't want to be that guy who airs his laundry here. Suffice to say that I need my wife more than this car.
Best wishes Ghost, hope the wife pulls through/gets better or whatever the case may be.

Best wishes Ghost, hope the wife pulls through/gets better or whatever the case may be.
Thanks guys. She's plugging along. She is not able to do much, it's down to me for everything. She made it out to the barn yesterday, on my arm, very slowly. Wanted to see her animals.

Not looking for sympathy here. It is what it is. she has to take 19 pills a day just remain above ground and is in constant pain. Nausea, dizzy, irritable bowel, severe joint pain. You name it, she has it. Or will surely catch / get it. Bad genes. What 'chu gonna do? Now she has type 2 diabetes as well...

You do exactly what you're doing, her first. I get it, unfortunately I truly do and I'm sorry for what you both are going through.

Auto Transport Service
Back