• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yankee Express RestoMod Project

Got the right side installed and correctly adjusted in all planes and axis'. Finally got to use my stickers!

20220822_114235.jpg

20220822_114241.jpg

Got all done and looked down the window slot and noticed that the spring was missing from the crank body. Sigh. I took loose what I had to and muscled that bastard on there. lol.

Got all done and looked down the window slot and noticed that the spring was missing from the crank body. Sigh. I took loose what I had to and muscled that bastard on there. lol.
Looks good Randy...

Progress baby

are you going to the Copper color now ?

Got a little more done today. laid the mat in the trunk area. installed the wiper motor and bracket on the firewall and hooked up the arms. Mounted the voltage regulator and the voltage resistor on the bracket.

20220827_101621.jpg

20220827_101631.jpg

20220827_101637.jpg

20220827_110133.jpg

20220827_110143.jpg

20220827_110148.jpg

Progress baby :thumbsup:

I hope all is going well on the home front too...

Looks great!! I did hide aways on a G-Body using Chrysler LeBaron mechanism and doors. People have no idea how much work goes into something like this!! Can't wait till she's done!

Well, I got a wild hair up my *** this morning and painted the car. Metallic Copper. It looks great! Love the color. Went on smoothly and no issues. I think it's all one shade now. I hope so, time will tell. I need to let it dry so I can push it out into the sunlight to see if the dark/light BS is gone or not. I think it is.

20220910_133230.jpg

20220910_133240.jpg

20220910_133243.jpg

20220910_133246.jpg

20220910_133253.jpg

20220910_133300.jpg

20220910_133304.jpg

20220910_133309.jpg

20220910_133317.jpg

20220910_133324.jpg

Always great to have fresh paint! It does look like pretty even coverage. Not to be critical (it could be the way the camera caught it) but some shots look like the paint has texture or orange peel. Is it actually smooth?

Always great to have fresh paint! It does look like pretty even coverage. Not to be critical (it could be the way the camera caught it) but some shots look like the paint has texture or orange peel. Is it actually smooth?
Yeah, there's a little orange peel. At this point I'm just happy if it's all one color/shade. I'm blind in one eye and can't see out if the other. I tried to go slowly and pay attention, kept tripping over the damn air hose and bumping my *** into stuff along the walls etc..
I'm going to clear coat this thing at some point. I could use some advice about smoothing out orange peel in a urethane metallic.

I just took another look at it and I missed some places. I have smooth and shiny on most of it but some dry spots and orange peel elsewhere. Sigh.

Yeah, I have poor lighting but i'm not going to blame my tools. I see where I got it right and the surface is smooth and silky, very shiny and then next to that there's a dry rough dull stretch. I fight the urge to flood it on there because i'm scared i'll create runs. I traverse too fast and the slab sides are hard to keep the lapping straight. I need better light, and possibly to put the car high up on jack stands as I can get it. I just cant crab walk and keep the gun in the right position and distance etc... I also need to clear out crap from besides the car that I keep running into with my butt and elbows. So, I have 48 hrs to respray with this paint or I have to wait a week. So, tomorrow and Sunday are supposed to be sunny so wish me luck.

Yeah, I have poor lighting but i'm not going to blame my tools. I see where I got it right and the surface is smooth and silky, very shiny and then next to that there's a dry rough dull stretch. I fight the urge to flood it on there because i'm scared i'll create runs. I traverse too fast and the slab sides are hard to keep the lapping straight. I need better light, and possibly to put the car high up on jack stands as I can get it. I just cant crab walk and keep the gun in the right position and distance etc... I also need to clear out crap from besides the car that I keep running into with my butt and elbows. So, I have 48 hrs to respray with this paint or I have to wait a week. So, tomorrow and Sunday are supposed to be sunny so wish me luck.
Good Luck Randy! We know you can do it!

You-can-DO-it-meme-18134.jpg

Well, I shot it again. Did much better this time. I AM going to have to reshoot the left quarter panel side. I have a splotchy trail of copper metallic right down the middle, end to end. lol. The rest is acceptable to me. I will also reshoot the tail extensions and the end of the trunk lid because I got a run there. I painted the hood hinges. I still need to cover the grill shell supports and the inner fender close out panels and the gas line pipes in the trunk. Got plenty of paint left for that. Then, wait a week and it's clear coat time. Then I will finally be done with freaking paint. Oh, and I need to paint the roof black still as well as the hood, and also the stripe package down the fenders.

20220911_142932.jpg
20220911_143016.jpg
20220911_143032.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back