• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yankee Express RestoMod Project

That would be Ghost’s beer. And there better be plenty of it!

Last edited:
Isn’t it ironic that a forum like this brings us together “virtually” from large geographical distances yet we can’t get together literally?
It is like going to a nudie bar… we can see it but can’t get close enough to touch it.

I have received the load leveler to swing the engine/trans down in, the carb plate to hang them from, and bought all Grade 8 bolts, nuts, and washers for the engine mounts and trans mounts. Already had the new trans mount rubber block and the motor mount ones.

Question. This statement and corresponding image are confusing to me. I don't get the deal about forcing the "Locking Tab" down across the bottom of the windshield seal. Is this "Tab" a metal part or a part of the rubber seal body, plus, lock to down to what?

1674833859551.png

1674833891793.png

I mean, I get that the seal has a slit across the bottom, in front of/ under the glass receiving section of the seal. Is the front lip of that slit the part that gets locked down? Will it make sense once the glass is in the seal? Help? Also... in this picture, just above the right hand "A" there is a "U" channel pictured that the rear bottom of the seal drops into. This "U" channel does not exist. Just three tabs that stick up across the bottom windshield channel. Is this supposed to represent that rubber seal bottom sliding behind those three tabs? Or?....and where does the chrome trim come into play? Is that the chrome trim in the picture placed over the top of the portion that gets locked down? Trying to picture it.

Also, lol, one of the motor mount plates has a steel tube welded in between the two sides where the lower short bolt, of the three short bolts on each, goes. I see that the drivers side has the same tube through there but IT is welded inside the frame mount horn instead. What's up with that? Does this mean the one that's inside the mount plate is for the passenger side?

20230127_074448.jpg

See, in this photo the lone third bolt has no tube welded across there and can be a short bolt. In the other plate there's a tube welded across under there so a short bolt won't work, I had to buy a longer one to go all the way through.

20230126_135607.jpg

See, THIS one has the tube. Plus, the tabs under the seal and the slit across the bottom front of the seal. Crap, I just realized that I didn't get a long enough bolt to go through the tube AND through the tab on the engine block....the tabs sit against the OUTSIDE of those plates.

20230127_110534.jpg

20230127_110546.jpg

20230127_110556.jpg

20230127_110601.jpg

20230127_110602.jpg

The mount with the tube in it was supposed to be a later version, reinforced to support the load.

I think that reproduction mounts "theoretically" match what is supposed to be correct for the model year but most repros are structurally better for the sake of durability. It is odd though that as the engines got weaker, the mounts for them were more made more durable.

I think that reproduction mounts "theoretically" match what is supposed to be correct for the model year but most repros are structurally better for the sake of durability. It is odd though that as the engines got weaker, the mounts for them were more made more durable.
You can thank Ralph Nader for that....

I’d sit back drinking beer while supervising! Lol!!
I'd have loved to also, I'd even buy the beer & bring it over...

I miss them days of old when a bunch of people would get/come around
regularly & build stuff together, or just keep me company while I'm building it...

I'm pretty much on my own now,
100+ to 225+ miles away from most all of my car buddies
most of them aren't still doing it either
I have 1 neighbor Darren next door
that is willing but has 2 young kids, always going somewhere (great dad)
& a demanding LEO job
I wish you lived closer to me. I'd help you finish it. One last build with a friend!!!
X2, I’d come over and help

@Ghostrider 67 I'm with ya' in spirit Randy...

I'd have loved to also, I'd even buy the beer & bring it over...

I miss them days of old when a bunch of people would get/come around
regularly & build stuff together, or just keep me company while I'm building it...

I'm pretty much on my own now,
100+ to 225+ miles away from most all of my car buddies
most of them aren't still doing it either
I have 1 neighbor Darren next door
that is willing but has 2 young kids, always going somewhere (great dad)
& a demanding LEO job

@Ghostrider 67 I'm with ya' in spirit Randy...
Thanks guys. I means the world to me. All my career I had my men around me. Retirement is very different.

Auto Transport Service
Back