• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yankee Express RestoMod Project

You can use either one. A 90 nipple off the tank will be shorter in height if that’s a concern and then use a straight AN hose fitting.
Height is not a concern. All of the 90* i see have a male end and I need a female end to connect. Anyone sell hoses of various lengths already assembled?

Can ya post a pic? Been years since I messed with any kind of a fuel cell but I'm thinking that you can remove the nipple and stick in a 90 but a pic would help clear up any doubt....
1656894667688.png

s-l1600.jpg

You can build your own hoses. You can buy them assembled to your specs. Just get on the WWW and look for braided AN hoses.

I've been ordering parts all afternoon. SO far: T Bird tail light lens, windshield seal, back glass seal, door seals, roof line seals, pump to carb fuel line, 8ft long 3/8 battery cables, dipstick and tube, breathers, motor mounts, wheel studs, intermediate brake line, head liner. trans mount, brake shoes, upper and lower control arm bumpers,.........not done yet. Plus the wheels the other day.

Wheels came today. Fit is fine on the fronts, they clear the calipers and leave plenty of room lock to lock for the tires.

20220706_142443.jpg

20220706_142454.jpg

20220706_143017.jpg

20220706_143023.jpg

20220706_145536.jpg

20220706_145548.jpg

20220706_145559.jpg

20220706_145606.jpg

Got the front tires today, Cooper CS5 Grand Touring 205/70/15. Ordered the rears 295/50/15 Cooper Cobra. The back glass gasket came today.

Yanked the left axle out to replace the wheel studs and found the bearing to be DRY. Nearly dry and really loose. Crap.

20220710_135918.jpg

Usually one scores that locking collar and then a hammer chisel go to work. That area for the seal on that shaft is pretty bad in the pics. Might want to clean it to see how bad it really is. If you can catch a fingernail while dragging across it, time for a new axle. However, if you want to keep it, Green Bearing are going to be your friend.

Usually one scores that locking collar and then a hammer chisel go to work. That area for the seal on that shaft is pretty bad in the pics. Might want to clean it to see how bad it really is. If you can catch a fingernail while dragging across it, time for a new axle. However, if you want to keep it, Green Bearing are going to be your friend.
I have no clue where to get the puller/press to get this apart and back together.

Harbor freight has good presses or local machine shop and perhaps Napa.

Got the breathers and battery cables today. Another box too but I have not opened it yet.

Ordered this for my distributor. On the side of my Mallory dizzy there's a round hole about 1/4 to 3/8" size. What goes in there? A plug?

1657636048088.png

The wires for what ya just ordered??

Going to have to assemble my own fuel line from the pump to the Summit dual feed fuel rail. Can't find one shaped right. Going to get a length of bendable rod and figure out the shape myself.

Auto Transport Service
Back