• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Year-old wiper pivot seals deteriorating

SDCoronet

Local time
3:44 AM
Reaction score
I don’t remember where I got these, there are lots of vendors who sell these inexpensive foam rubber seals. Well, mine have been in my car a little less than a year and this is what it now looks like. Has this happened to any of you guys?

I am seriously considering getting a couple of solid rubber stoppers, and drilling a hole in them and using those instead of this cheap garbage.

I do admit that it’s possible that I may have got some oil or grease on these as I was installing them (I just don’t remember) but even if I did these shouldnt have gone down hill so fast.

9092438A-60AA-4780-9461-3E3AC4712C5D.jpeg

They should have lasted longer...Your idea of making your own out of tougher stuff is a good one. Dang those look like my 50-year-old seals

Detroit Muscle has very good stuff and they make their own stuff.

There is also a kit that allows you to install grease fittings in them. It will come with the boots. Mine have lasted for many years and the pivots are very quiet.

Auto Transport Service
Back