• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Year one engine wire harness

Innoi

Local time
12:13 AM
Reaction score
I ordered a wire harness from year one, excited for it to get here so I can put it in. I have read several threads on how easy and well made they are. I hope it is as easy as everyone says. I ordered the 69 harness for a 318 motor with upgraded electronic ignition. Even though my car has a different motor, a 360, from a previous owner it should work. I will take photos for everyone so you all can see how it goes. Any thoughts?

It will be easy. I've got the same harness for my Super Bee. Just laying it out and looking at it I can tell where everything goes. However, I do plan on unplugging the old harness at the bulkhead, plugging this new one in and R&R each plug along the way. Also use a good smear of dielectric grease on the bulkhead connection.

Should you put dielectric grease on each connector....the blade connections??

Last I heard M&H (who makes the harness) was pretty backed up. Did Year One give you an ETA ?

Last I heard M&H (who makes the harness) was pretty backed up. Did Year One give you an ETA ?

Ordered my forward light harness at the same time. Engine harness is here and it's been about a month or so. No ETA given.
Another week and I'll send them an email.

Got mine quick. About a year ago. On the shelf waiting. image.jpg

They already processed my order and sent me a shipping tracking number, mine is on the way. No back order.

They are. About 10 months ago I ordered engine, dash, front and rear light harnesses from them for my '69 Barracuda. am still waiting on the rear light harness. I think it depends greatly on the year/model. I will say they are worth the wait. I used them for the '64 Dodge and couldn't have been happier.

Ordered the engine and forward light harness for my 69 Coronet. Didn't take long to arrive, but that was a year ago. Worth every penny - correct size, color, connectors. Was easy to install. I was doing a full resto so I labeled all the connectors before removing, or do what Lionized said and start from the bulkhead and work your way out.

Old vs. New
IMG_2994.jpg

Yep, the M&H stuff is great, I replaced every harness on my 73 that was available with new ones from them. Just remember, inspect and compare them with your originals, even though they are new, mistakes happen. I had some weird stuff happening after I replaced my wiper motor harness, and things were not working right, so after looking at my original harness and the new one, I found the new harness had two of the wires in the reverse position, once switched everything has been golden ever since! It was very nice to have all new wiring and they were easy to install.

Re-did my entire Challenger with Year One (M&H). Great choice. I had to call M&H direct for tech support on the dash harness and they were very helpful.

I had Evans Wiring in Erie, PA do all my wiring. Looked nice and worked well so far.

If a guy puts in a new dash harness and engine harness should you still eliminate the ammeter?

If a guy puts in a new dash harness and engine harness should you still eliminate the ammeter?

5X on what Dennis said. Currently have the '64 cluster at Redline in CA. for a freshen-up and conversion to voltmeter. (melted the ammeter last summer). :-(

Well good news the harness came and it was really well made. Bad news is I ordered the wrong part, my fault. I actually needed just the wiper motor harness. I thought it was all one big harness. But I guess it's a bit of good news since the new harness was only 40 bucks.

Auto Transport Service
Back