• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

YearOne cast aluminum Mopar Rallye wheel - Part Numbers: MRW179SLVS (5" backspace) and MRW178SLV (4.5" backspace)

AJReigart

66 1/2 SuperB
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:21 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have pics and/or dimensions of the backside of these wheels?

Would like to establish -

1. Is the hub face of the wheel and the point where the backside of the wheel meets the rim barrel on the same plane (same point on rim barrel) or does the backside of the wheel meet the rim barrel farther back on the rim barrel?
2. The inside diameter of the wheel?
a. Where is the wheel inside diameter at its most narrow (from backside of the wheel face (or hub face) to rear bead)? Checking for rotor/caliber radius interference.
b. What is the wheel inside diameter elsewhere (from backside of the wheel face (or hub face) to rear bead)?
3. What is the dimension from the backside of the wheel face to the hub face? Checking for rotor/caliber width interference.
4. Presumably, these dimensions are identical for both wheel sizes; the .5" difference in backspace (4.5" and 5") is on/at the bead side of the rim.

wheel face = the backside of the wheel; the area of the wheel from hub face to rim barrel

Yearone doesn't have/publish a cross-section drawing of these wheels. I checked.

I'd like to check fitment with my rotor/brake caliper options.

Yes - I have contact Yearone - they wanted to know brakes I’m looking at / send rotor/caliper info to them.

Chicken and egg scenario - their wheels could drive brake selection.

Those are 17 inch wheels. Unless you have some huge disc brakes they should clear fine. What brakes are you running?

I can help but I am at work. I'll pull 1 out of the box when I get home but all mine are 17x8 w/4.5 in. backspace. If nobody has chimed in yet, I'll add any info you need from mine.

Also, I'm not 100% clear on what your asking me to measure. Assuming depth of the rim ID, actual ID throughout the inner rim, and OD of the mounting face? This correct?

Those are 17 inch wheels. Unless you have some huge disc brakes they should clear fine. What brakes are you running?
I haven't determined brakes ...... I'd like to use these wheels (17 x 8s up front / prolly 17 x 9s out back) to drive the brake fitment.

My concern is rotor/caliper to rim clearance/interference.

I got bit once by Mopar 15" rallye wheels and rotor/caliper issues ..... just doing my due diligence ....

And ... this will be on a 66 Coronet with RMS front and rear suspension ....... ;-)

Also, I'm not 100% clear on what your asking me to measure. Assuming depth of the rim ID, actual ID throughout the inner rim, and OD of the mounting face? This correct?
I've never seen one of these rims from the back side; hence my questions.

Here's a wheel clearance diagram from Wilwood's 11" brakes ---- let's use it to locate rim measurements.

1675538798181.png

The place to start is the where the rim sits on the hub face.

What is the inside diameter of the rim here (extend the face of hub to rim)?

Does the inside diameter of the rim vary (get smaller or bigger) as you head to the rear seat of the rim.

If so, where along the rim width does the diameter change.

What is the diameter of the rim at the rear (before the rim lip starts)?

Ideally, the diameters front (@ face of hub) and the rear (before the lip starts) are the same ...... possibly a little larger at the rear.
Make sense?

Its easier to photo than to explain. Let me know if you need more info but it looks like a safe combination. Also note I measured inside the second step near the outer lip. I cant get an accurate measurment deeper than the mounting face but with these details it looks like the brake setup will work w/this wheel selection. Again, all mine are 4.5 BS. Good luck!
20230204_161123.jpg
20230204_161148.jpg
20230204_161207.jpg
20230204_161233.jpg
20230204_161248.jpg
20230204_161301.jpg

Its easier to photo than to explain. Let me know if you need more info but it looks like a safe combination. Also note I measured inside the second step near the outer lip. I cant get an accurate measurment deeper than the mounting face but with these details it looks like the brake setup will work w/this wheel selection. Again, all mine are 4.5 BS. Good luck!View attachment 1412804View attachment 1412805View attachment 1412806View attachment 1412807View attachment 1412808

View attachment 1412809

Assuming you lay a straight edge (yardstick) across the back of rim -

1. Is the measurement 4.5 or 5" from hub face to bottom of straightedge?
2. What are the measurements from the bottom red line to first, second and third red lines?
a. first line being the start of wheel bead lip
b. second line is the outside of the bead
c. third line is the very back edge of rim

I have sketch i'll post after you get me these measurements.

Thanks Once Again!
1675554909351.jpeg

Rough sketch of Inside Wheel Profile - 17" diameter rim provides up to 14.5" diameter x either 4.5" or 5" backspace.

Assumes caliper/rotor stay within red line (perimeter)
1675561750656.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back