• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yellow zinc chromate on LCAs?

Rust Veto 342 from Houghton. Unavailable in Canada unless you happen to have a father in law that plays snowbird in Florida and he smuggles it across the border. Cost about $500 Cdn for the 5 gallon container. If I remember I dipped 8 times to get the colour I wanted.

View attachment 567007 View attachment 567008 View attachment 567009 View attachment 567010
Very nice. I hope there are more uses for it than the lcas. The cost would be too much for me since its only for 1 car. (Smuggle something into Canada??? Who me??,,,never:rolleyes:)

I did a low budget cosmoline look. Sandblasted the pieces, used a gold wheel paint over the bare metal, just a thin coat, then used the VHT satin clear finish. You have to experiment a bit.
20170712_155736.jpg

20170713_212142.jpg

Very nice. I hope there are more uses for it than the lcas. The cost would be too much for me since its only for 1 car. (Smuggle something into Canada??? Who me??,,,never:rolleyes:)

When I searched for it and finally figured out how to buy it and get it to me, I told others on DC.com that I'd considering dipping LCA's for others if they were going OEM correct. If you are doing yours.. we're only 45 minutes apart so you could just drop them off and if they were already blasted clean I'd get them done for about $100/pr.

When I searched for it and finally figured out how to buy it and get it to me, I told others on DC.com that I'd considering dipping LCA's for others if they were going OEM correct. If you are doing yours.. we're only 45 minutes apart so you could just drop them off and if they were already blasted clean I'd get them done for about $100/pr.
Thanks I'll pm you if I decide to go that route.

Auto Transport Service
Back