• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another project 62 Plymouth N/SS

The front wheel wells and suspension are the only parts that didn't get the undercoating removed. Just running out of time. The front suspension has been serviced previosly with new lower ball joints and bushings. But this has been a street car for 10 years since.
Doug

DV, i am redoing my seats right now but don't have the originals to copy... not sure if he still has his originals (he did in a video i watched but it was like 10 years ago) If he does could you do me a favor and measure how wide the vinyl strip is on the top and bottom (from the edge to where it changes to fabric) for the front and back seat? would really be grateful... if he's switching to race seats or buckets, would be be interested in selling the old seats? (not sure if 4dr uses the same seats as a 2 door) I love the fabric in the center of his.. not gonna be able to find that :)

Looks like your son picked up your habits of making everything look great.

DV, i am redoing my seats right now but don't have the originals to copy... not sure if he still has his originals (he did in a video i watched but it was like 10 years ago) If he does could you do me a favor and measure how wide the vinyl strip is on the top and bottom (from the edge to where it changes to fabric) for the front and back seat? would really be grateful... if he's switching to race seats or buckets, would be be interested in selling the old seats? (not sure if 4dr uses the same seats as a 2 door) I love the fabric in the center of his.. not gonna be able to find that :)
I'm sure he would sell the old seats. They are in excellent shape. He's out of town until Monday. I texted him.
Doug

Today cleaned up the bottom of the K frame and welded a loop for the winch cable. Cleaned the engine compartment. Cleaned the radiator and fan. Cleaned and remounted the overflow bottle. Fabbed some exhaust hangers to comply with the NHRA rule for removeable collectors. Fabbed a plate for a under hood starter button to do valve lash abd wired it up. Cleaned the bumpers, tail lights, grille, and emblems. Started on the rest of the engine compartment wiring.
Doug

43120.jpeg

43124.jpeg

43122.jpeg

43116.jpeg

20230422_195517.jpg

20230421_130649.jpg

Last edited:
Doug picture after collector hanger the white and pink no rubber grommet?

The hole for the yellow/red wires isn't drilled. It's a rolled smooth factory hole. so I skipped the grommet. And yes this is the intake.
Doug

yes this is the intake
Thanks.
Unfortunately it's going to be a while before my 572 is finished, but I'm getting closer to that glorious day and you know the intensity of my interest in your results.
Thanks

Got most of the remaining wiring completed. Still need one relay connector and a alternator connector. Couple of manifold studs, throttle cable, rad hoses and the mechanical should be about done.
Doug

20230423_191831.jpg

20230423_191816.jpg

20230423_191848.jpg

20230423_191842.jpg

20230423_191836.jpg

Doug I see an alternator on this car but I don't see one on your 64. There is no denying that your 64 can go rounds consistently without an alternator but did you ever run one before?

I am inspired by the "snout" on the crank balancer. With my Wraptor serpentine belt and accessories system, IF I want or "need" to run a vacuum pump on my 572 build, I wasn't sure how I would be able to drive the pump. With the Wraptor, I decided that was a good time to add AC and Borgeson power steering, replacing the manual steering that was becoming "difficult" in particular during the summer, parallel parking in a tight spot, so replacing the power steering with a vacuum pump and going back to manual steering was not something I wanted to do.
Adding a "pulley drive extension" either to my crank pulley or maybe another pulley on the Wraptor looks like a good option.

Doug I see an alternator on this car but I don't see one on your 64. There is no denying that your 64 can go rounds consistently without an alternator but did you ever run one before?
Just hard to see. It's always had an alternator. If I did it again it would have a bigger unit.
Doug

0520121701a.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back