• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You can say Merry Christmas to me

View attachment 1386322

Since you seem intent in turning this into something that it isn't, let me put this into simpleton terms so that you can understand .....

Here's my last comment on this:

On this forum, do you see people saying happy birthday, Happy Easter, Happy 4th of July, Happy Anniversary, Happy Columbus Day. Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Labor Day, Happy veterens' Day, Happy Halloween, Happy Memorial Day, etc., weeks in advance of that day? If the answer is no, why do it for Christmas?
You left out "Festivus for the rest of us".....
:drama::rofl:

View attachment 1386322

Since you seem intent in turning this into something that it isn't, let me put this into simpleton terms so that you can understand .....

Here's my last comment on this:

On this forum, do you see people saying happy birthday, Happy Easter, Happy 4th of July, Happy Anniversary, Happy Columbus Day. Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Labor Day, Happy veterens' Day, Happy Halloween, Happy Memorial Day, etc., weeks in advance of that day? If the answer is no, why do it for Christmas?
Why does it matter to you….?

Christmas is a big deal, my wife spends weeks cluttering up the house with every imaginable thing she could put a lght on, she even decorates my garbage
20221210_181636[1].jpg

offended by the words "Merry Christmas" best keep it to yourself
happy early Birthday/Christmas to all! too early I guess it's a practice cheers day!

Back to the subject at hand......
MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone.
I feel lucky to live here in the middle of the corn patch.
Every year our school kids still have their Christmas program, they dress up and sing their little hearts out.
All the classics, Away in the manger , Silent night, Santa is coming to town, ect ect.
They close out the show with , ( We wish you a Merry Christmas ) .
I can't ever recall anyone trying to close down the kids show.
Call me a dummy lol, but heck we are driving Coon Rapids thursday eve to watch 4 of our nieces in a christmas program .

why do it for Christmas?
Because Christmas and Easter are the two most important Holidays to the Christian faithful. Over time December 25th, which has also been marked as the day of birth for Christ Jesus, (actual date is unknown) is a pagan holiday celebrated by giving gifts to each, and Santa Claus mysteriously bringing gifts to the children.

As a result Christmas has become the Holiday of all Holidays. To the Christian faithful it is the birth of our savior Jesus, to the pagans it is a time to celebrate good tidings and give gifts to each other.

That is why we start celebrating weeks ahead of the actual day. Myself, I prefer to see the celebration only last weeks or just the month of December. In recent times it has been commercialized to start months ahead of the actual date to capitalize on the profits of gift buying.

Sure enough, Christmas is the only one of that bunch to be celebrated as a season, as opposed to a specific event.
I often wondered about this myself in my early years - it seemed logical to me that if the Magi, the "12 days of
Christmas", takes place after the birth of Christ, then why is the "season" actually before Dec. 25th?

Lots of history and tradition - yes, including the commercialization of it - are behind that answer, no doubt...
but I was taught a bazillion years ago that the only true gift we were all granted by Him is the only one we're really
obligated to in turn give to others (Jesus).
The exchange of other, more material gifts everyone does with each other mimics that gift given to us (as well as
the gifts the three wise men brought to Jesus during the Magi).

Hey, Christmas gifts are wonderful things regardless, eh?
I can't seem to recall where I've misplaced my Arbor Day gifts....:)

Auto Transport Service
Back