• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your opinion on E Body Billboard stripes.

I made these to break up the pink a bit, love the look!
Agree E-body ones are divisive, I don’t like how they shaped them at the bottom rear corner/doesn’t follow body lines

IMG_5407.jpeg

IMG_5380.jpeg

I would love to build a Panther Pink Mopar for my daughter. Her favorite color is orange though. There was a 1967 Mustang in pink that was awful. A family in my town had one and they had two teen boys. The girl wasn't old enough to drive yet.

In an old thread I asked if you guys would drive a pink Mopar. A lot said they would. I probably would but it would have to be monster hp and be very loud.

View attachment 1534382 View attachment 1534383
^^ Top car = Pansy Pink... Lower car = Panther Pink

I really like the yellow cars with the billboard stripes.

Not a fan myself. They are way too large and overbearing on the look of the car.
In fact, I've always preferred '70 cudas over '71s as the '70 is much cleaner appearing, and in '71 they cluttered up the design too much with the 4 headlights segmented grille, fender louvers and the optional billboards.
I'm in a minority though, the market loves '71 cudas and seemingly will throw unlimited amounts of money at buying them!
I've referred to the 71 Cuda as the "Disco Cuda" since the 80's.... Just to gaudy... I have a buddy with a 71 V code Cuda, owned it since 73, bought it from a friend that bought it new... It had 70 hockey sticks applied before it left the dealership..

I've just done hockey stripes for a friend recently. From that standpoint, I'll do those anyday before billboards.

It's a Mopar so it's ok Bill. A lot of us including me, own E Bodies too.

I visit FEBO about once a year.
I have an E-body too. But not on site too often. It's a parts hunt. Which is understandable. Being only in existence for 5 years.

I prefer the hockey stick stripe, they are a perfect example of how less is more…

I made these to break up the pink a bit, love the look!
Agree E-body ones are divisive, I don’t like how they shaped them at the bottom rear corner/doesn’t follow body lines

View attachment 1534476

View attachment 1534479
That looks pretty cool on that....better than what was on the Cuda imo plus it makes the car look longer. The billboard on the Cuda makes it look shorter.

Ya know, there's something out there for just about everyone it seems. Same way with me with the gas fill behind the license plate. The Cuda wasn't bad in that respect since it was fairly easy to access it and didn't have to squat down to fill it. Also hated that dang 'reversed' glove box door on the 68 road runner but imo, that car hit a home run except for those two items. Yeah, I didn't care for the billboard on the Cuda either until after I owned the car for awhile and got used to looking at it. It's kinda like that not so good looking girl in class that becomes better looking after you get to know her better and the few flaws she has really ain't so bad after all :D

Too big and gawdy for me. I prefer them without. I like a 70' hockey stick stripe better. To mix it up about E Bodies even more. I prefer a Challenger over Cuda.

Too big and gawdy for me. I prefer them without. I like a 70' hockey stick stripe better. To mix it up about E Bodies even more. I prefer a Challenger over Cuda.
I've had both....actually, several Challengers and only 1 Cuda and liked the Cuda best but it did have a small block with front and rear sway bars so it handled much better than any of the Challengers I ever had plus it was faster than my 440 RT ragtop with a very mild 340 by nearly 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile.

I prefer Challengers myself, I have 3 currently but did own a '71 cuda 340 many years ago.
I've been a Mopar maniac since my teens, but do think my fellow Mopar fans get overly snobby in their tastes compared to the Ford and GM fans when it comes to color and modest design changes from model year to model year.
Why do '71 cudas demand such a high premium over '70s for example? Some claim lower production, but I question that. '71 Challengers were lower production over '70 Challengers also, but they typically aren't much more valuable than '70s.
I put my '71 V code 4 speed A34 Challenger on the market when my T/A project came back from restoration shop jail around 6 years ago and took its space in my garage, and was baffled by the lack of interest in it.
God forbid anyone be burdened with owning an E body that is brown instead of purple or glow worm green!
Oh well, having to own a car in storage or not, I can think of far worse things then being stuck owning it.
Still frustrates me that if it was a '71 cuda, and a high impact color, there would likely have been a mob of buyers fighting each other to be first in line at my door moments after I listed it.
I would be happy to own even more brown, bronze, gold, and burnt orange cars to join the two I already have, my island of unwanted toys collection, the rest of you can keep all the purple '71 cudas and the like!

7-2-11small.jpg

I prefer Challengers myself, I have 3 currently but did own a '71 cuda 340 many years ago.
I've been a Mopar maniac since my teens, but do think my fellow Mopar fans get overly snobby in their tastes compared to the Ford and GM fans when it comes to color and modest design changes from model year to model year.
Why do '71 cudas demand such a high premium over '70s for example? Some claim lower production, but I question that. '71 Challengers were lower production over '70 Challengers also, but they typically aren't much more valuable than '70s.
I put my '71 V code 4 speed A34 Challenger on the market when my T/A project came back from restoration shop jail around 6 years ago and took its space in my garage, and was baffled by the lack of interest in it.
God forbid anyone be burdened with owning an E body that is brown instead of purple or glow worm green!
Oh well, having to own a car in storage or not, I can think of far worse things then being stuck owning it.
Still frustrates me that if it was a '71 cuda, and a high impact color, there would likely have been a mob of buyers fighting each other to be first in line at my door moments after I listed it.
I would be happy to own even more brown, bronze, gold, and burnt orange cars to join the two I already have, my island of unwanted toys collection, the rest of you can keep all the purple '71 cudas and the like!

View attachment 1534623
My 71 340 Cuda was sassy grass with the billboard and well, I liked it a lot. I also liked my 70 440 RT Challenger ragtop but my first wife hated it. It was plumb crazy and it faded like all the PC cars did. My 70 383 4 barrel Challenger was burnt orange and was an outside car until I bought it in 1980 and it looked new and still had the original paint and still looked new when I sold it in 96 or there abouts. And man, I think that 71 Challenger in your pic looks great!!! I did like the 70 grill and tail lights a bit more though but these days the 71 grille/tail lights wouldn't be deal breaker.

It seems like whatever people didn't want back in the day is most desirable and expensive now. The 71 Cuda was the lowest production year for Cuda's,but the market has spoken and they are the Most desirable of all of them. The Challenger out sold the Barracuda almost two to one every year of production between 70 and 74. My 71 Cuda came with billboard decals and they will be going back on it. When I pulled the marker lights out the X cut vynal decals material was folded in before the marker lights were installed at the factory.

I like the browns and odd greens more and more these days. Probably, because everyone has repainted them over the decades all the High Impact colors. I am fortunate to build my favorite with Color and stripes.

photo0.jpeg

IMG_8666.jpg

IMG_8664.jpg

It seems like whatever people didn't want back in the day is most desirable and expensive now. The 71 Cuda was the lowest production year for Cuda's,but the market has spoken and they are the Most desirable of all of them. The Challenger out sold the Barracuda almost two to one every year of production between 70 and 74. My 71 Cuda came with billboard decals and they will be going back on it. When I pulled the marker lights out the X cut vynal decals material was folded in before the marker lights were installed at the factory.
No one ever talks about the taillights on the 1971. In fact almost every picture is of the four headlight front end. I much prefer the 1970 taillights, with the three separate slots. The ‘74 Trans Am and Firebird has a similar design.
273252AF-2DA2-4079-B72B-9875AF024138.jpeg
F8F34E08-CA65-4198-8B69-4F5DFD18B6D6.jpeg

Last edited:
No one ever talks about the taillights on the 1971. In fact almost every picture is of the four headlight front end. I much prefer the 1970 taillights, with the three separate slots. The ‘74 Trans Am and Firebird has a similar design.
I took some black spray paint and lightly painted the back side of my reverse light just enough to actually let some light shine through the lens but tone it down to make it look more like the TA firebird reverse lights. Came out pretty good but man, wish I had taken more pics of it.

Auto Transport Service
Back