• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your opinion on E Body Billboard stripes.

SteveSS

Local time
1:07 PM
Reaction score
I think in my younger years I was sort of okay with them on the 'Cudas, Now, not so much. I think they interfere too much with the looks of what I consider a very awesome car. I like the big Hellcat decals on race cars but on street cars, it's too ostentatious.

Not a fan myself. They are way too large and overbearing on the look of the car.
In fact, I've always preferred '70 cudas over '71s as the '70 is much cleaner appearing, and in '71 they cluttered up the design too much with the 4 headlights segmented grille, fender louvers and the optional billboards.
I'm in a minority though, the market loves '71 cudas and seemingly will throw unlimited amounts of money at buying them!

That's a BIG decal.

I actually like the 72-74 styling better, so what do I know?

I don't even care for E-bodies. One with a giant decal is worse, but I can see why others would appreciate them both.

It's a Mopar so it's ok Bill. A lot of us including me, own E Bodies too.

I visit FEBO about once a year.

Not a fan myself. They are way too large and overbearing on the look of the car.
In fact, I've always preferred '70 cudas over '71s as the '70 is much cleaner appearing, and in '71 they cluttered up the design too much with the 4 headlights segmented grille, fender louvers and the optional billboards.
I'm in a minority though, the market loves '71 cudas and seemingly will throw unlimited amounts of money at buying them!
The ‘71 design was a flop when new. Production went from over 50,000 all models in 1970, down to 19,000 in 1971. The total went back up in ‘72.

Most of my cars were E cars.....and hated the billboard AND sassy grass green paint until I bought one for fairly cheap. Found an ad in the Houston paper (yeah, long time ago....85) and the guy wanted 3500 for it and the car had shag carpet and a dented left front fender and the billboard was cracking but the 340 had been rebuilt and ran good but I walked. For some reason I saved the ad and a year later I found it when cleaning out my desk drawers and tried the number and he still had it. Only this time it had a rebuilt transmission and the price was now 2500 so when back to look again and it still looked the same but bought it anyways. Kept it for over 16 years and really enjoyed the car and after about 10 years, the negative comments stopped on the sassy grass paint lol. Could not believe how well it handled with the fast steering and front and rear sway bars which was factory. Never did bother to get the AC working though and well, I still miss that car.

The ‘71 design was a flop when new. Production went from over 50,000 all models in 1970, down to 19,000 in 1971. The total went back up in ‘72.
I liked the idea that the car was the only Cuda to have quad head lights and you have to take into consideration that we were still being drafted into the Nam war.....I call it the Viet Damn war. In 72 there was some mention in the air about pulling out and the draft numbers were going down so imo, many decided it was ok to buy a new car. I know I was one that wasn't about to buy a new car back then and for good reason. I got my draft notice in April of 71.....but was glad to be able to slide into the AF instead.

I preferred my 71 to be nekkid.
IMG_0626.jpeg

: attracting or seeking to attract attention, admiration, or envy often by gaudiness or obviousness : overly elaborate or conspicuous : characterized by, fond of, or evincing ostentation

707.jpg

I think that looks like H*&^ myself. The 71 Cudas can never be as nice as a 70 but without billboards they come closer. I like the 71 B-bodies with all the doo-dads but the 71 Cuda just is garish and unrefined.

the bill boards are definitely not for me on my car , i much prefer the hokey stick style, subtle styling… but to each it’s own …

I think that looks like H*&^ myself. The 71 Cudas can never be as nice as a 70 but without billboards they come closer. I like the 71 B-bodies with all the doo-dads but the 71 Cuda just is garish and unrefined.
I agree that the 70 Cuda was cleaner looking but there wasn't many 71's out there with the billboard decal.....
the bill boards are definitely not for me on my car , i much prefer the hokey stick style, subtle styling… but to each it’s own …
Me too.....but, there wasn't all that many out there running around with the BB either. Kinda like having an E body with the panther pink paint either lol

I would love to build a Panther Pink Mopar for my daughter. Her favorite color is orange though. There was a 1967 Mustang in pink that was awful. A family in my town had one and they had two teen boys. The girl wasn't old enough to drive yet.

In an old thread I asked if you guys would drive a pink Mopar. A lot said they would. I probably would but it would have to be monster hp and be very loud.

pink..jpg
pink mopar.jpg

"Panther Pink" is the manliest pink ever created.

Auto Transport Service
Back