• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your vote for interior color

Which interior would you select?

• Total voters

citadel

Local time
8:09 AM
Reaction score
Using a Y2 Sunfire Yellow exterior as a base, would you prefer a white interior or a black interior?

Why?

Attachments

• RT_lh_1-4_high.jpg
    RT_lh_1-4_high.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 784
  • CH1008-72087_4.jpg
    CH1008-72087_4.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 787
  • LOT%20196%201969%20PLYMOUTH%20ROAD%20RUNNER%20CVT.jpg
    LOT%20196%201969%20PLYMOUTH%20ROAD%20RUNNER%20CVT.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 796
I vot black, or whatever the fender tag calls for. If this is for a lagit 69 RM27 OR Coronet rag i would follow the tag to a T for the resto. Or if your just using the photos as an example, i choose black

I am just using the pics as examples. This would be for a 69 roadrunner.

I vote black.. I do like white, but for a 69 RR i would want it black, because its my favorite and i had a 69 RR with black interior, outside was green, :( i mention the green exterior because i personally think a white interior in a green car does look sweet.

Go with WHITE. Black is to common. Have you given any thoughts about saddle or beige?

your vote on interior color

I'm kind of partial to White myself. A whole lot cooler in the South during the summer.

Attachments

• IMG_9940_0011.jpg
    IMG_9940_0011.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 699
Go with WHITE. Black is to common. Have you given any thoughts about saddle or beige?

That's what I was just thinking about the saddle tan would be nice.
If I had to pick just from the 2 I would say black because I'm not sure that there is enough contrast to the body color with the white. Although it does look good on the Coronet above. This is coming from someone that loves white interior!

True Matt I love the white also but if the car has the black stripes and so on like pics id go with black but if you go solid id go white but alas its your car and in making these decisions you got remember white will show every mark in it if you drive it alot and black will be hot as Hades in the sun so its based on climate and use for me white in hotter areas

Black.

Attachments

• Dodge 1970 28.jpg
    Dodge 1970 28.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 688
Additional info- I live in Atlanta Georgia and the car has no A/C.
However, the interior was black from the factory

Y2 owner here. Black. Add AC. Classic Auto Air Tampa, or Vintage. White gets dirty too easy.

Well the Burn Notice charger is white but that is in Miami. Even on the TV show it looks a little dirty. Down south that would seem reasonable I guess. My Satty interior is black up here in the NW and the sun never shines. I guess it would depend how much sun you get.

I'm with Dennis H.... White just shows the wear and dirt so easily, so unless you are going to only show the car I'd go black.
Besides- if you have the 'trunk stripe' like the top picture, the black interior will really help tie that together

I agree with the stripe color balancing the interior. The dash is black like the stripe, but the interior being white throws too many colors onto the canvas. I have a black interior with the black stripe on the Y2 yellow car so my comment is obviously biased.

Typically contrast is the best looking.

The lighter colors look better with the black interiors and the darker colors look better with the white interior.

Notice how the light yellow car with the white interior both the exterior AND the interior seem to look washed out compared to the same yellow and black. The black pops against the yellow and vise versa.

Auto Transport Service
Back