• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zero Oil Pressure on a 1969 440

sounds like to me your getting oil to everything but the gauge? if you shut her down and magically u got 60psi again after a few minutes don't sound like bearings to me. from a complete cool down and restart maybe!! u got some good advice from a lot here. start doing some checks and keep us in the loop

update: no damage to the crank and bearings (gladly). next check is the oil galley plug at the front of the engine.

Final update: bent pushrod and pushed out lifter caused the zero oil pressure. Interestingly this has happened now twice in just 130 mls.

Final update: bent pushrod and pushed out lifter caused the zero oil pressure. Interestingly this has happened now twice in just 130 mls.
They don't bend for no reason. What cam/rocker/pushrod set-up do you have? Same pushrod?
Doug

Yes. Once i got it from the mechanic i measure the length. I assume they are too short.

What is the build? What type of cam, push rod, rocker arm, valve spring, head?
Doug

Get a good look at the upper half of the motor, like dvw says, they don't bend for no reason, broken valve spring, or ?. Better find a new mechanic if he didn't look under the valve cover for the cause of the problem.

Auto Transport Service
Back