• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ZZ1 Color?????

Chris Hanley

Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
Summer 2006 077.JPG
Having a hard time locating the correct color for my 66. It has a Citron interior and, from what I understand, a one year only paint color as well. Anybody else have this prob?? Thanks

Last edited:
Having a hard time locating the correct color for my 66. It has a Citron interior and, from what I understand, a one year only paint color as well. Anybody else have this prob?? Thanks
I think 67 also has ZZ1, but I heard it is a different shade. Some people have found it to be a real challenge to get the correct shade. Good luck.

I have a ZZ1 67 Coronet R/T that is not finished yet.
20190903_202211.jpg

Behind the copper Satellite

Looks like one year only. PPG code for 66' ZZ-1 Gold Poly is #22511 and that doesn't seem to cross ref. with any other year/ color. RM's # is A1834 for the same paint. Check out Paintref.com for info. You can click on the code numbers/ names and it will cross ref. for you. It's a pretty handy web site. "Kolor Korrect" in NJ was about the only source i could find that could match my 64' Med.turquoise. They use PPG paint but add their own toners, also do interior paint/ dyes. I should add that RM's numbers for that come back as one year only also.

Yes anniversary gold with a white top.

Here is ZZ Anniversary Gold 1964 Polara 500 that I restored and sold.

48.jpg 05.jpg 09.jpg 12.jpg

My 66 ZZ1 is faded beyond recognition. It was repainted sometime with laquer and is dead beyond buffing. (I have tried) Kind of gold, kind of green for 66.

090.jpg dec04006.jpg 73235547_2803562472990337_5353230117994758144_n.jpg

Looks like one year only. PPG code for 66' ZZ-1 Gold Poly is #22511 and that doesn't seem to cross ref. with any other year/ color. RM's # is A1834 for the same paint. Check out Paintref.com for info. You can click on the code numbers/ names and it will cross ref. for you. It's a pretty handy web site. "Kolor Korrect" in NJ was about the only source i could find that could match my 64' Med.turquoise. They use PPG paint but add their own toners, also do interior paint/ dyes. I should add that RM's numbers for that come back as one year only also.
Talked to Kolor Korrect and they are sending me some spray outs. I used them for interior spray paint (Citron), good product, Mucho $$$$$. Can't take it with ya. Thanks for your help.

Auto Transport Service
Back