• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi all, a Mopar fan from the Netherlands

Welcome from NW CT. Nice looking Coronet!

Welcome from New Jersey (USA)! Great car and great color! Love those ERSON valve covers, I've never seen those before.

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking car you have there. What part of the Netherlands are you in? I'll actually be there next week for Koningsdag in Amsterdam and the Elfia festival at Kasteel de Haar on the 29th.

Welcome from Sweden! I have a daughter in Amsterdam me and my wife coming down there in May.

Nice car, welcome from the great lake state.

Thx all for the warm welcome!
I live in the northern part of the Netherlands, i know most people will know Amsterdam which is a 2 hour drive for me. (And that is considered quite some travel time here :) )
Kingsday will be a big festival, dress code will be orange hehe.

Yeah these Erson valve covers came with it, as per description the engine was rebuild using Erson chrome molybdenum valves, a Hughes camshaft and TRW competition pistons.
Cylinder heads and Edelbrock intake manifold were ported and on top is a Holly 750 CFM 4 barrel carburator.
Also got some proper headers, manufacturer unknown.
At the moment i am getting the currently installed ignition replaced for a set from MSD as the coil keeps running hot and dropping it's oil.

As i had to leave home for a couple of weeks for work i created an order with Summit racing for some required parts.
Shipping will always take some time for us so by the time i get home there will be some parts waiting for me.
(The Erson valve covers will go and get replaced for some black Mopar cover, maybe a bit common but i like em. :thumbsup: )
Also a new fan shroud and a Flex-a-lite fan, together with some new coolant hoses to make sure that the coolant system is alright.
For the rest the first plan is to partially strip the engine from it's auxiliary's and exhaust headers and redo the paint job as that has not been very succes full from the last attempt by the builders of the engine. :BangHead:
After that will see if there is any required work that needs to be done, for the winter for sure i will strip the interior and see how the metal looks like.
I am not expecting any bad parts but as i've seen below the dash there is some rust starting to grow that requires attention. (dash frame and body, just a rust color but not rotten stuff)

Greetings from Long Island N.Y.:welcome:
Did some diving on the island of Bonaire (Netherlands antilles)great place to scuba. a great Mopar you have, Good luck !

Good choice,like the car ,as is. We in North America do not know or understand how much harder it is to own ,drive and repair a bad *** Mopar in the Netherlands,,,,HATS OFF TO YOU!!!

Awesome ride. I love the Netherlands I go there a couple times a year working with the Dutch Air Force. I'll probably be in your neck of the woods soon for a trip planned at Leeuwarden.

@eagleone, I live 10 minutes away from the military airbase of Leeuwarden.
You are 1 of these guys that keep the F-16's up and running, keeping me yelling at them from the drive way when they pass over my town when coming in for landing :)

actually technically I'm helping you out by reducing the number of F-16s the Dutch have but they are going to replace them with F-35s which are even louder. I have no part of that so you still have to blame the Royal Netherlands Air Force for that one. If it makes you feel any better I deal with all the jet noise at my house too being so close to an Air Force base but the base was built in the 40s and my house was built in the 90s so I can't complain. Plus that roar you hear above your head is the Sound of Freedom.

I'll have to get in touch with you when I go out to Leeuwarden so I can see your car. Would be awesome to see a Mopar in another country.

Haha, I actually don't mind to see them flying around.
I always stand there and wonder why these guys even get paid for such a nice job hehe.
At some point we will get the F35's indeed and a lot of people are crying already, like you mentioned its the same here with people living around.
They bought the house knowing there is a military base around the corner so you cant complain about that.
Yeah whenever you come this way let me know, if am home we can meet up.
Maybe you can get me an empty runway for 10 minutes to do some top speed testing? :)

Hey guys,

In a few days I will be back home again after 4 weeks work, cant wait to get started on the car :)
During my free time I have been looking around for some more info regarding the VIN and got me a bit confused.
The fender tag as well as the VIN tag behind the front window are missing, instead I have a VIN stamped on the passenger side of the engine bay.
This will not be original for sure.

It states as follows:

WP23G0A******

As what I found: Coronet (duh), Premium, 2door coupe, 318CID, 1970, Lynch Road plant Detroit.

When did they swap over to the new model, could this be a '70 year model with the looks of a '69?
The car has been imported "new" in the Netherlands as it has been registered here as a Coronet 500 since Jan 5th 1970. (being "new' imported isvery unique actually over here)
This is why I am doubting the year of manufacturing, maybe someone "created" a VIN here after losing the tags by doing his home work (still made a mistake in that case) regarding the year indication and using the "0" as it is registered in 1970 and over here the car documents do not mention the year of construction.
Another fact I think that it is not correct, what I've seen is that in '69 the 318CID was not an available engine for the Coronet. (383HP, 440 sixpack, 426 Hemi) (440 HP for R/T only)

If I change the VIN to WP23G9A (1969) it states a 383 engine which does match all data I've came across.

Hopefully any of you might be able to dig some sense in this chaos.

Yoo Wietse,

A true dutch coronet!!! That's rare indeed. In the Netherlands a detachable fendertag is not allowed as verification of the vin. There was a plant in Rotterdam where the partially assembled a- and e-bodies. They received a vin tag under the windshield starting with 08 and then the last digits pf the vin.
Of it's a numbers matching car you should be able to find the vin on the right hand side of the block on the oil pan rail.

The most obvious explanation is that some dealer bought the car and didn't get a license on it till 1970.

Antoon

Auto Transport Service
Back