• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm working on my Christmas ornaments for this year's tree...just sharing.

Did you call the actual machine manufacturer, or their local dealer to see if they offer financing or lease options for the machine? I’m a small business here in Arizona, and found you need to be really creative to get funding. Also, check your local SMALL banks, they are way more willing to help than Your Chase or Wells Fargo.
I have a close friend/salesman at Haas. He's done all he can for me for pricing. The very first bank I went to was a small local bank (not a large bank) and they said the same thing. Clever financing may be that I get an Ag loan since I'm in an Ag community. That's one avenue that I'm exploring as well.

Dumb question, but how much are we talking here? What’s the ballpark range of such a machine? $50,000, $100,000, $150,000? Maybe a home equity loan, or Heloc may be an idea for a down payment. Normally I’m not a big fan of tying a large venture to my home, but using that as a down payment may make the bank feel better about loaning you the balance, as you now have some skin in the game. If this thing is $200,000 or more... that may be just too much to pay off with specialty/niche projects in the first place. Maybe you outsource the actual cutting of the parts to a manufacturer that’s already doing this type of work, and save yourself that investment and gamble until you start getting returns on it, to determine it’s a viable business. What you save in a “business loan payment” you use to pay for the manufacturing of it, and have no risk. I kinda like that option anyway as you can try it, and not be locked in to it if it doesn’t take off.

Dumb question, but how much are we talking here? What’s the ballpark range of such a machine? $50,000, $100,000, $150,000? Maybe a home equity loan, or Heloc may be an idea for a down payment. Normally I’m not a big fan of tying a large venture to my home, but using that as a down payment may make the bank feel better about loaning you the balance, as you now have some skin in the game. If this thing is $200,000 or more... that may be just too much to pay off with specialty/niche projects in the first place. Maybe you outsource the actual cutting of the parts to a manufacturer that’s already doing this type of work, and save yourself that investment and gamble until you start getting returns on it, to determine it’s a viable business. What you save in a “business loan payment” you use to pay for the manufacturing of it, and have no risk. I kinda like that option anyway as you can try it, and not be locked in to it if it doesn’t take off.
Close to $100,000.00 to get started and I'm still suffering from the 2008 housing crash...upside down on my house, banks won't work with me. I've been down this road with banks for the last 6 years from every angle. I've never missed any house payments, etc. Yes, I really don't want to tie the machine payment to my house.

Sounds like you need a private investor/investors to provide the capital to get you going. They are out there...just need to find them somehow...

Sounds like you need a private investor/investors to provide the capital to get you going. They are out there...just need to find them somehow...
That's what some of these people I've been talking to have said as well.

That's what some of these people I've been talking to have said as well.
Got a 401k to borrow on? Cash it out? When this stock market corrects the penalties may not look that bad. Any assets to sell besides the upside down house? Time for an extra job or two on the side and put it all aside?(You dont have to answer these here...none of our business...just tough questions)

Most are gonna want to see how bad you want this to work. Get creative...

Auto Transport Service
Back