• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘73 Charger Heater Core Replacement

Charger Fan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
Looking to replace my old unit with a new heater core. Prices online have a big range from less than $100 to $200+. All are advertised as copper and brass. Don’t know if the extent of copper use varies or differences in quality explain why such a big range. Does anyone have a recommendation on brand?

Is there anything wrong with the old one? Just have it re-cored and pressure tested. A reputable radiator shop will be able to handle this and will be able to get you a new one if needed.

I figured that getting one recored was probably about the same cost as getting a new one.

I figured that getting one recored was probably about the same cost as getting a new one.
Most on eBay are recored. If you're looking new, go to JEGS, Summit or Mancini. Make sure to specify model, engine size, a/c or non-a/c, inlet/outlet measurements. Copper Brass is usually the way to go.

Auto Transport Service
Back