• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

158 dash light socket vs 194 dash light socket

MadMax3426

Local time
11:06 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can use the 194 dash light socket as a replacement for the 158 dash light socket.
I have a 1964 Dodge 440 and found that a couple of the stock factory 158 dash sockets have broken wings and I can no longer use them.

It does not totally go by bulb number, they will interchange as long as the socket is the same style. 158, 161,168, 194 bulbs all use the same t-3 base on the bulb, just be sure the sockets have the same style you need for your dash.

One thing to look out for that I noticed on my 70 Charger is, even though the bases look like the same size....make sure the pins are the same. (speaking about round-base bulbs, not spade-base)

Some of the bulbs have offset pins - one near the bottom, one further up the base.
Some bulbs have matching pins - the same distance from the bottom.

Not sure if this is the case for the two types you asked about, but just an observation I made while updating the interior lighting in the Charger...

Thank you for the information.
I found the original part number for the factory 5/8" socket: 2496279 and was able to locate them on eBay.
So I go with them.

Auto Transport Service
Back