• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Dart Glove Box Info Needed

1962 Dart

Local time
5:10 AM
Reaction score
If anyone has a 62 Dart and would be kind enough to reply I need the inner lining for the glove box. I see them on Ebay but there is two different sizes and shapes. I need some guidance to what size box would fit on the inside of the dash?
Thanks in advance.

I've heard the same as you. I need one for my 63 Belvedere. Some have said the ones listed "do not" fit.
Khrysler Kid has a 62 Dart and I know he went thru this with his car. He is a member here and can give some insite.
Look him up in the member section.

E-bay listings are often wrong, there is only one box for non-A/C cars and it's shown below. A/C boxes have a notch at the back corner to clear the A/C box.

Liner.jpg

Ya the ones for 1964 at least do not fit well at all.

I was told by classic industries that both the a/c and non a/c are identical in shape and fit and that same customer service person told me to use the a/c model for my car because "the cardboard is more sturdy"

The sent me the a/c as a replacement for the first one I bought which fit so poorly I could not even install it.

When it came it was identical in shape and everything else but the material seemed SLIGHTLY different. It could have just been a new batch of the same product for a know.

This one still fit bad but it was better ENOUGH that it could be installed with a fair amount of frustrastion.

By the end of it my conclusion was that the MAIN PROBLEMS with the glove boxs for 1964s is that the hole placement on 1 of the 10 screw holes is usualy off at least a 1/4 of an inch. I dont know what the manufacturer is doing wrong but they obviously dont test the products on real cars often. Bad quality control? Maybe. I think they are likely to all have that issue.
In addtion, the shape is sometimes folded incorrectly and stapled wrong. Bottom line, it physically wont fit.

They are junk IMO but its all we have...

Make sure you can return or exhange it before you buy is my only advice

@1962 Dart you need to hit the "Welcome Wagon"! No free rides on this bus! View attachment 927093

And don't show up unless you have pictures. We don't care how bad it looks. :)

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/forums/welcome-wagon.9/

Too funny. Thanks for the link. I am not great at trying to stay on top of what to do on a site like this so thanks for making it easy. Thanks for the pictures also. I need to figure out how to get the metal or molded part. Not the sleeve or lining. I think that it must have been removed for a reason but can't figure out why. I have a glovebox door but empty behind it:) Anyhow thanks again

Wow Kid, That is like a book. I am so excited to read through it!!! Thanks for taking the time to post so much about your build!!!

He sure makes "How To" easy with his posts !

Auto Transport Service
Back