• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 dodge

black64

Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
I know that thing is bad *** and I wish my 63 was close to being done but I haven't touched it since I drug it out of the field

Hey, I'm Stephan from Belgium and did a few months ago bought a Polara500 1963, but in very poor condition, go completely restore him and am looking for parts, can you give me some tips where I can find the best parts, I need many kinds of sheet metal and as seals and suspension.
thanks in advance, I also gone a do a roadtrip on the West coast at the end of may into june.I'm 50 yaers old en it's a dream came true :)

IMG_1801.JPG

Hey, I'm Stephan from Belgium and did a few months ago bought a Polara500 1963, but in very poor condition, go completely restore him and am looking for parts, can you give me some tips where I can find the best parts, I need many kinds of sheet metal and as seals and suspension.
thanks in advance, I also gone a do a roadtrip on the West coast at the end of may into june.I'm 50 yaers old en it's a dream came true .
Thanks in advance :)

There are many suppliers for our cars Google 1963 dodge parts and you should pull up many of them. A few I know of are Rockauto auto parts, Bouchillon Performance Engineering, Mancini Racing Engineering, JEGS, Summit Racing, performance Suspension Technology, AMD, Moog suspension parts and many more. Just ask for help in the general discussions here or on the 1962-65 forum here at FBBO. Good luck with your restoration.

Last edited:
I bought this car recently and it was raced in the 80's in California by a guy called "chicken George". He worked for Chrysler Power magazine and this car had their name on it. It supposedly was featured a few times in the magazine. Does anybody know of what issues in the magazine or history on this car? A video below of the car.

http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/Gasserman51/media/20170115_175009_zpsp5incwtl.mp4.html

I know this car very well, it belonged to a friend who lives in Kingman AZ. He traded it for a 1951 Ford Gasser and that owner fixed a lot of problems on it. He has been trying to sell it for a while, so I guess you bought it. My friend raced it at LVMS a couple of years ago, the best he could get out of it was 99 mph and I think the time was 12 something, but that was 2 yeas ago. :)
Good luck with the car!

I know this car very well, it belonged to a friend who lives in Kingman AZ. He traded it for a 1951 Ford Gasser and that owner fixed a lot of problems on it. He has been trying to sell it for a while, so I guess you bought it. My friend raced it at LVMS a couple of years ago, the best he could get out of it was 99 mph and I think the time was 12 something, but that was 2 yeas ago. :)
Good luck with the car!

Thanks for the information on the car I know it was raced back in the 80's in California. What I found out was the guy named chicken George raced it while working at Chrysler Power magazine with a stage 1 426 back then then it was put in storage 25 years and brought out in 2012 and had a 1969 440 in it which is in it right now. I was looking for the Chrysler power articles on the car from back in the eighties. The person I bought it from did fix a lot of things on the car but it is in great shape and pretty much unmolested from back then.

Still got the steel plate in the trunk ? I thought about it several times but stopped myself .Got too many cars and not enough stables. Nice solid car.

Still got the steel plate in the trunk ? I thought about it several times but stopped myself .Got too many cars and not enough stables. Nice solid car.
Yeah got the plate in the trunk. Did you own it? I would like to get information on the current engine?

No, not mine. It was at the Vegas MATS show 2 years in a row. I stopped by and looked at it several times.The guy who had it said it was a mild 440 if i remember correctly.

No, not mine. It was at the Vegas MATS show 2 years in a row. I stopped by and looked at it several times.The guy who had it said it was a mild 440 if i remember correctly.

Yes mild 440 nothing radical. I have a fresh 440 for it. But this one seems pretty decent might wait awhile before I go swapping things out.

Auto Transport Service
Back