• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Dodge 440

Don't know, bought it from "onemansgarbage" off Ebag.. came from NJ.
Nope, Not Andy. Real good guy to work with. :thumbsup:
https://www.oldmoparts.com/
https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/andy-bernbaum-auto-parts-3
94B08D97-6671-4F93-8AD8-E116987E2DE9.png

Well almost 3 months after I initiated this purchase, what had better be my bumper arrives via UPS. $120. 18 brokerage charges on a ONE CENT value replacement bumper. I let it sit in Windsor until the seller paid it, as I wasn't a second time. Then the WTF starts....Wrapped back up by the guy in North Dakota that got it by mistake in nothing but a plastic bag and masking tape !
1964dodge440bumper 006.JPG

Absolutely zero protection.. oh boy..
1964dodge440bumper 008.JPG

At least he put the wood braces back in! That bubble wrap is mine, nothing but a clear 2 mil bag on the bumper.
1964dodge440bumper 013.JPG

It's shiny and I can tell it's the correct one this time.
1964dodge440bumper 019.JPG

Nice chrome work on a 58 year old bumper core.
1964dodge440bumper 024.JPG

Lots of light scratches on one corner top from dragging around the UPS truck that I can hopefully polish out.
1964dodge440bumper 032.JPG

But it's nice otherwise....
1964dodge440bumper 023.JPG

Need to paint the inside surface with Rustoleum to prevent rust starting and then on to install...when I get out of the basement....
1964dodge440bumper 034.JPG

Can't believe those scratches are the only damage. At least it got to you with no dents, I would be extremely happy about that.

More nice parts for when I find the time to install them. Thanks to @moparmarks for some wonderful 58 year old chrome ! All these headlight bezels need is some black paint in the detentes. Absolutely no pits !
1964dodge440part4 093.JPG
1964dodge440part4 094.JPG
1964dodge440part4 095.JPG

Yep, Mark is one of the good guys out there.

Almost forgot, I also got an NOS drivers side side trim "rear end" from @QuickBpBp and what are the chances my drivers side is the terrible one on my car. Got a near mint fender script from Brett as well..
1964dodge440part4 086.JPG

1964dodge440part4 092.JPG

1964dodge440part4 089.JPG

Glad to see that the whole bumper event worked out for you in the end.

Very nice Wayne. Is this the car you are thinking about dropping a HEMI into?

Very nice Wayne. Is this the car you are thinking about dropping a HEMI into?
There'll be no "dropping".. lol. Picking that up on Monday. I'm just cleaning the '64 up with all the parts I bought over the storage season while I was stuck working in the basement. I have a very small window before I need to get North to Camp, but I should get your old carb on this thing as well to see if it runs better and I guess it'll be next Winter before I'll look at mounting the cross ram set up on her.

There'll be no "dropping".. lol. Picking that up on Monday. I'm just cleaning the '64 up with all the parts I bought over the storage season while I was stuck working in the basement. I have a very small window before I need to get North to Camp, but I should get your old carb on this thing as well to see if it runs better and I guess it'll be next Winter before I'll look at mounting the cross ram set up on her.
Oh yeah, I forgot. You drop the car over the motor, don't you? Guess "stuffing" a HEMI into a car would be better wording anyway.

Might need a shoehorn. LOL. We all have put bigger motors in a small engine bay with headers. Needless to say, cutting inner finder out here and their dose occur. Car is looking grate. Where the tail light bezels restored or was that original? Noticed some chrome bubbles. Even one of mine after having them chromed had one imperfection but not that noticeable. Keep the pics comming.

Might need a shoehorn. LOL. We all have put bigger motors in a small engine bay with headers. Needless to say, cutting inner finder out here and their dose occur. Car is looking grate. Where the tail light bezels restored or was that original? Noticed some chrome bubbles. Even one of mine after having them chromed had one imperfection but not that noticeable. Keep the pics comming.
No Hemi going in this car... and I got lazy tonight and no "commentary". Pic was to show why the bezels were coming off, if you do a table count you'll see there's 8 on it... 4 new ones to go back on the car with new lenses and gaskets. Picture is just after swapping all the studs from the old OE's to the new bezels..
1964dodge440spring2022 139.jpg

Are you just getting a Hemi or is a car coming with it?

Auto Transport Service
Back